Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy either a bushnell 4200 elite 8-32 or a weaver V24. I own a cz varmint 22, bushnell 6-18, and the cz rings. Do mostly 50 yard usbr target shooting with the occasional hunting. That is why I think I want the variables.

Should I just stick with the cz rings or should I switch to the zee signature with inserts?

And if I do go with the zee's do I need an adapter or will they fit on the factory dovetail on the varmint?

Any comments on either the elite 8-32 or the V24?

· Registered
3,463 Posts
Mike, I have a Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32X40 mounted on my Anschutz 64 Silhouette rifle. I've had it for 6 months or so.
The plusses are:

1. This is the brightest, clearest scope of this magnification power I've ever looked thru. Really some great glass.

2. Very precise, repeatable accurate adjustments.

The minuses are:

1. It has a limited adjustment range, only +/- 10 MOA. This is not really a problem if you use the Burris Signature rings & offset inserts.

2. This is a long scope - about 18" without the sunshade.

All in all it is a great scope, much brighter & clearer than my fixed 36X's. I also sent mine back to Bushnell & had them change out the reticle - installed a 1/4 minute dot.

I haven't shot the Weaver V24 but it should also be an excellent scope.

If you decide to go with the Bushnell, Email me before you buy one. I just bought another Weaver T36 (I really prefer fixed-power scopes) & will probably sell my Bushnell soon. It is like-new-in-box with the dot reticle (I have the old duplex reticle too) & has only been mounted on a .22.. And with the Signature rings & inserts so there are no ring marks. I will sell it for considerably less than the cost of a new one.

In response to your question about the Signature Zee rings. The "Zee" means they will fit on Weaver bases. I think Burris makes some Sig. rings that fit US 3/8" dovetail grooves but I don't think they make one to fit the CZ's 11mm groove. I think you will need to install a "groove to Weaver" adapter or just mount Weaver bases..........

· Registered
329 Posts
Depends on if you want flexibility or not

When I first bought my CZ 452 Varmint, I also bought a set of one-piece CZ factory rings, then took it off when I got a set of BKL 257s. Then, when Brookie developed his 11mm CZ-to-Weaver adapters, I installed those and topped them off with a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings. Since then, I've never looked back!

What did I gain? No more shimming bases, no more lapping rings, no ring marks on scope, great boresighting adjustability without using scope's internal adjustments, no running out of elevation. What more can I say? :D

· Registered
3,463 Posts
In my opinion Signature rings are the only way to go. Using the offset inserts you can set the scope at mechanical/optical center prior to mounting then use the inserts to almost completely zero the rifle without touching the internal scope adjustments. This is a huge plus on any scope & particularly on one like the Bushnell 4200 8-32X40 with a limited adjustment range. And I also like the solid ruggedness of Weaver bases securely screwed to the receiver. With the amount of contact involved I'm confident that Brookie's adapter is about as solid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.