Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Limited Run Green Mountain barrel on ebay

1664 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Chaser
Hello all -
I put my double fluted Green Mountain barrel on ebay. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I considered putting it on the classifieds here but to be honest I can't remember what they cost way back then. I know we waited a year or more (while the Green Mountain guys were backed up with real work) to get them. Anyway, I intended to do a special build but have never gotten around to it, and my interests have shifted a little from rimfire. I've had the barrel quite a while, so I'm not just buying and selling to make a profit off of Green Mountain's generosity, but I don't need it anymore and I'm not going to use it. So I figured I'd just let the market decide what it's worth. Here's a couple pics - they were really unique barrels. 17.5" Serial #0019

Edit: just found out that this barrel profile is available currently from Green Mountain. So any unique thing about this barrel would be the RFC emblem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other than the RFC emblem, is this barrel any different than the current production GM barrel?

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/productdetail.aspx?id=901948
I think that is the barrel exactly - so yes, the RFC emblem would be the only difference. I'll admit I didn't know that GM had started selling them as a product - so don't bid on the barrel if the profile is the only thing of interest, and please feel free to withdraw a bid if you want.

· Registered
6,719 Posts

· Registered
20,844 Posts
These barrels were all prototypes with lots of extra QC. As with all the prototype runs from GM for RFC Members, they were exceptionally accurate, receiving lots of extra one-on-one attention. As I recall, 17% did not pass.
I remember the same...while that $300plus is fantastic I do not think I would sell mine.

Mine is/are exceptional (2)...I won one in the photo contest with this photo..the stock was a numbered first run..#27...I got the RFC GM barrel #27...matched pair. :bthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.