Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here so bear with me.
I got a neos a couple of days ago, and I love it.
I followed Super38's trigger job instructions and the trigger feels great! Thank you.
What I was thinking about was drilling a few holes in the front half of the striker to lighten it and improve lock time. I'm kind of nervous because the parts shortage. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Would it help? How much metal is safe to remove?
Any of your thoughts would be appreciated, so don't be afraid to tell me if you think its a bad idea.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hello Schumacker,

Glad to hear another happy NEOS shooter. Wait until parts come in, if you excessively lighten the firing pin you'll have to fab another or wait for parts. I don't recommend welding (as a repair option). Metal Injection Molded (MIM) parts can carry residual flux and will flow when heat is applied.

Two areas to look at:
1. Stronger firing pin spring.
2. Reducing recoil spring to firing pin spring friction (polishing or lube).

You probably can lighten the firing pin (same basic design as Mausers and bolt guns). The prob with light strikes is inconsistent primer material ignition, which will cause increased velocity deviation.

HTH

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hello MarinePMI,

Scroll down thru this forum, I broke the job into five consecutive post with details. Also look for NEOS trigger related posts. Reasonably simple, need to modify a screwdriver and a pin punch (0.062") for the sear pivot pin.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.