Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Light Target Varmint

5877 Views 27 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  bullbill
From Accusport -

Are these gone?

I noticed they were no longer listed in the dealer exclusive model list, and accusport no longer has any listing -

Whats up?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
The LVT model is still listed under 10/22 distributor exclusives on the Ruger website. The format of those listings has been changed and you must scroll down to find the LVT models.

A poster on rugerforums.com on Mar 03, '12 said Accusport told him Ruger would make more LVT models this year, but delivery dates were unknown. Can anyone confirm this?

The LVT is often creditied with being one of the most accurate 10/22 models out of the box. Jeff Quinn's Gunblast review had it shooting 1/4 to 1/2 in. at 50 yds. Generally not found to be quite that accurate by most owners. A best buy at $380 list, $310 -$330 street. Let us hope that it becomes available again.

· Registered
13 Posts
I was able to get a model 1237R from my LGS about a month ago. It was the only model available to them at that time. I added a Simmons 22mag scope to it and, after only 2 trips to the range with it, find it to be very pleasant to shot and accurate to boot.

Last time out I had 1 inch groupings at 25 yards offhand. For an inexperienced rifleman with aging eyes, I felt that was pretty event.

You should be quite happy with one.

· Registered
664 Posts
my LVT

I never miss a chance to praise the LVT. Mine is built from a LVT barrel somebody sold me. My accuracy is close to GunBlasts. If Ruger decides to sell one with a walnut stock I'll buy it ASAP. I've had 3 other new 10/22s (hb-tgt, 22"walmart spl, std carbine) I like this one best for handling qualities and accuracy

· Registered
11 Posts
Bought one about a month ago at a local gun shop. It's listed as a Hawkeye Matte Stainless but the trigger group was black. Receiver & barrel don't look like they're painted with textured paint either... almost a brushed aluminum look.

Love the weight and handling of it (was looking at a Target model first). Price was $80 LESS than the 10/22T I'd looked at as well.

Since it is my first & only 10/22 I can't compare it to other models concerning the Accuracy and Trigger feel. I can tell you I don't have any complaints in either dept. for a stock rifle.

Here's another pic with the 3/8" group (10 rds) it shot at 25 yds ... I had less than 3 magazines through the gun when it shot this.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Respectfully,
Automatic

· Registered
200 Posts
Question for Automatic:

What is the serial number on your LVT? On the box what is the model number for your LVT? The shiny stainless barrel LVT has been 1237 10/22LVTSB.

Yours looks most like that model in that it has the shiny stainless barrel and the black trigger group. The receiver color looks like the matte stainless 1234, but that had a painted rough crackle finish the same color as the barrrel and trigger group.

I have been thinking for some time that the best looking LVT would be the shiny stainless barrel with the brushed aluminum receiver now available on the synthetic carbine and the new takedown 10/22. Exactly as yours appears to be.

· Registered
200 Posts
Further question for Automatic: The mystery deepens--the Ruger Hawkeyes are bolt action rifles. Yours is clearly a 10/22 with the shiny stainless barrel found on the 1237 LVT.

Recently, a gunstore did give me a serial number for a 1237 stainless LVT that indicated in was produced after the original run a couple of years ago. They also said the receiver finish was smooth and not the original crackle finish, but I assumed it was black.

Can anyone explain this mystery as to what model Automatic's 10/22 LVT is?

· Registered
13 Posts
The photo in Automatic's post is of the LVT 1234R. It is the matte stainless/silver alloy model. I have the LVT 1237R which is the polished stainless/black alloy model. It was the only one available to my LGS when I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago.

Last weekend, it was shooting dime sized groups of 5 at 25 yards. As I get better with it, I will move out to 50 yards and see what happens.

This is truly a magnificent rifle.

· Registered
200 Posts
One piece of the mystery LVT solved: I went through the pix on Jeff Quinn's Gunblast review. The end of the 1234 box does in fact say "Hawkeye Matte."

If you look at the pictures of the three models and watch the video, the 1234 has a matte grey trigger guard. The barrrel of Automatic's LVT looks shinier than the 1234 Matte model on Gunblast and closer to the Stainless 1237.

I suppose the answer is that Automatic's LVT is from a later production run of the 1234.

Automatic, could you give us some closeups of the barrel and receiver. I'm curious about the finish on your receiver and barrel.

· Registered
11 Posts
Bullbill-

From the box.

"I have been thinking for some time that the best looking LVT would be the shiny stainless barrel with the brushed aluminum receiver now available on the synthetic carbine and the new takedown 10/22. Exactly as yours appears to be. "

That would be the closest description I could give you as well.. other more knowledgable group members may have a better idea as to what it is.

My receiver

The 1234 from Gunblast review.

My receiver & barrel - seems like the 1237 barrel

Gunblast review showing various LVT receiver/barrel configurations.

As I stated... I'm a noob with all this. I can say that I'm VERY happy with the rifle in all aspects (appearance, funtion) and do not regret my decision.

My apologies for the pic heavy post. Just seemed the easiest way to point out the differences.

Respectfully,
Automatic

· Premium Member
1,431 Posts
From Accusport -

Are these gone?

I noticed they were no longer listed in the dealer exclusive model list, and accusport no longer has any listing -

Whats up?
There are at present a few LVT rifles for sale in a new production run. I don't know how many, but if you want one I would not let any grass grow under your feet. These limited production runs come and go in a hurry.

· Registered
11 Posts
If you're not set on stainless, Bud's has the blued model in stock for $289, free shipping. Just pressed "Buy" and it's on the way to my FFL. Total damage with transfer fee, credit card surcharge and taxes to $345. Would have preferred to find one of these locally but none of the Ruger dealers in the area or smaller out of the way shops that sometimes stock Rugers had an LVT, or the ability to order one. Must have made 20 calls today, a fair percentage of them had no idea what I was talking about. Contemplated waiting for one of the WAC shows but this thread and a couple others on Rugerforum made me itch, and I had to scratch :)

Ordered a Weigand Integramount and Nikon 4x32 rimfire scope for my new 10/22 TD, but will instead put them on the LVT and just go irons-only on the TD. Will post pics after everything arrives and it's all setup

· Registered
11 Posts
yeah that one on buds is gone today, i saw it too, probably should have pulled the trigger so to speak. Oh well. Ill just wait around till i find either that or a VLEH
Heh, glad I didn't procrastinate and pushed BUY, it's supposed to land on Thursday May 3rd according to UPS. Ordered it @7:30pm PST last night and it was on the way from Lexington, KY by 8am PST. First time ordering from Bud's, preliminary impressions are favorable, we'll see how the LVT lands:bthumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.