Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts
No experience with that reticle but just curious what did you have it put in and what did they say would be the cost to change one out? I might look into having a target dot put in a Leupold 6x if the price was right.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Beb,
Where in KY are you? I grew up in Mayfield, a long time ago.
I'm having the new reticle installed in a VXIII 6.5-20 EFR target scope. They quoted me $110, including return shipping. I thought that was quite reasonable. My memory says the last time I asked about something like that, the cost was more.

· Registered
202 Posts
Not beb, but Small world, Jim! I'm right outside of Paducah, myself. You might be interested in hearing that there's a gun range at Boaz, now. Pistols to 25 yds, and rifles from 25-400 yards. Nice place, and NRA-approved.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
I have the reticle on a VX-III 8-25x50mm on a Kimber 22-250. As mentioned above, not as good as my NP-R2 but once you find your bullet drop its an accurate tool. Could make for a fun reticle on an HMR, could use first line as a 50 or so yard sight in and use the rest of the lines out to 150 or so. The reticle might be overkill on an HMR though being just a smidgen of wind really blows the little round all over the place past 150yds.

beb42503, Normal reticles on Leupolds are only around $40, just the Varmint and Boone and Crocket are the expensive ones.

gtriever, I used to live in Marion, IL. My best friend lives in Vienna, IL. Just minutes away from Paducah. I still go out there and call in yotes. Still have 8 nice caped hides in my freezer waiting to be tanned. Vienna is over populated with coyote, lots of them down there in Southern Illinios, border of Kentucky.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the reticle on a VX-III 8-25x50mm on a Kimber 22-250. As mentioned above, not as good as my NP-R2 but once you find your bullet drop its an accurate tool. Could make for a fun reticle on an HMR, could use first line as a 50 or so yard sight in and use the rest of the lines out to 150 or so. The reticle might be overkill on an HMR though being just a smidgen of wind really blows the little round all over the place past 150yds.

beb42503, Normal reticles on Leupolds are only around $40, just the Varmint and Boone and Crocket are the expensive ones.

gtriever, I used to live in Marion, IL. My best friend lives in Vienna, IL. Just minutes away from Paducah. I still go out there and call in yotes. Still have 8 nice caped hides in my freezer waiting to be tanned. Vienna is over populated with coyote, lots of them down there in Southern Illinios, border of Kentucky.
Interesting how the wildlife has changed. When I was growing uo there, 1945-54, there were no deer and coyotes were something we heard of as way out west.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My scope came back today. I'm really impressed with Leupold's service. They called me Friday, for a credit card number and, since I'm going away this Friday, theydid the conversion yesterday and returned it next day air. Came today! Looks very good. I'll check in again after I get a chance to shoot it.
Thanks,
jl

· Registered
2,163 Posts
My scope came back today. I'm really impressed with Leupold's service. They called me Friday, for a credit card number and, since I'm going away this Friday, theydid the conversion yesterday and returned it next day air. Came today! Looks very good. I'll check in again after I get a chance to shoot it.
Thanks,
jl
Did you do the varmint reticle or did you have them do a custom drop reticle for your 17HMR? Let us know how either works for the HMR.

· Registered
166 Posts
Murray KY

Thanks,
jl
Jim let me know how it turns out I am thinking about sending one of mine back.

By the way I live in Murray KY, about 18 miles from Mayfield.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.