1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the pros and cons of both these rings

Leupold 1" PRW (Permanent Weaver-Style) Rings Matte Medium 33.59$

Burris 1" Signature Zee Weaver-Style Rings Matte Medium 32.99

not sure which of these to go with , or even if this is what I should get.

I have a power customs receiver mount.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
The answer is...............medium sig zees $29.99!!! The PRWs are nice rings, but they need to be lapped....not necessary with the sig zees!! And if you end up with an alignment problem or want to add in some elevation adjustment, you can always use an offset insert kit.

http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=2185

Tim

·
Registered
375 Posts
VIPER,
What scope are you using? What rifle are you setting up? I'm guessing it is 10/22.
My setup is 10/22, pc mount, prw med matte rings, atv scope, hogue od green stock, vq tg 2000 trigger group. The med rings seemed a little high to me i'm waiting for lows to come in. All except for the med. rings i like it . This is my first ultimate almost complete. Should be done tuesday. I'll post pics if i can.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It's a no brainer, the Burris Signature rings.

Those inserts, both even and offset are much more than a gimmic and make the rings one of the best on the market.

No damage to the scope, no lapping that can cause a scope to be loose in the rings, the rings stay portable between different firearms.

There are better made rings on the market, there's even a better set of rings that use a simular insert setup but the Burris Signature rings are hands down the answer for most scope mounting solutions unless you're looking for custom $100 rings or ultra light rings to make a weight class.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.