Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide what scope I'd like to put on my CZ American 22 lr.

I'm intrigued by the Leupold M8-Compact rimfire rifle scope. I like that it's only 7.5 oz and @~$250 it's not too far out of my scope budget.

At the moment I have a Tasco 4x32 that works fine but big and heavier. I'd like to keep the weight down.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Leupold 4X Rimfire Special

justsaymo,

I have the Leupold 4X Rimfire Special on my M77/22...! ! :)

It is a very nice rimfire scope, and about four giant steps up from the Tasco you now have...! ! :eek:

It is focused for, and parallax free at, 60 yards, a far cry from the 100 to 150 yards of the Tasco...! ! :eek:

You'll like it....! ! :t :cool:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've owned that scoe in the past & it a great scope. Have you considered the compact RF 2-7 x 28? It's a great scope & it doesn't weigh much more than the 4x. Price is about 60 bucks more.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tough Choices, but good problem

I checked out the Leupold 4x compact and the 2-7x. Both were nice.

The 4x was $219 and the 2-7x was $270. Reasonable I thought.

I like the size, weight of the 4x.

I like the versatility of the 2-7x.

I'm leaning 2-7x, at the moment at least. I'll sleep on it and hopefully it will be clear to me in the morning... It's tough to be patient ...

Thanks for all of the insights and suggestions. Keep em coming. I need someone to sway me one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I still have the 4xRS compact on a old Ruger 10-22 and it is super clear and the fine duplex works well for most uses...I had a 2-7rimfire on another gun and it worked well but when the 3-9erf came out I got one and then traded the 2-7rf for another 3-9EFr and I really like the 3-9efr for most uses....the 2-7 gives you a neat uncluttered scope and is slightly faster to use in the field than the 3-9 unless you preset the 3-9for a set distance and take the small error it might cause.......any of the scopes work well for a specific use and the variables just let you expand the use to special wants or needs.......I think you would enjoy the variable 2-7 added power when you paper or fun shoot for groups and at longer ranges than hunting distances..imo.....either way good luck and good shooting with a super clear reliable scope!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.