Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have these rings on my daughter's 10/22, as well as on my old 10/22. On my last two Ultimates I used the Weaver rail and conventional scope rings, but now that I am building my third Ultimate, I am considering these.

This particular rifle will be used off hand more than bench. I do not expect to be swapping out the scope at all once I have it dialed in. The scope in question will be a fixed objective, as light as possible and still able to get the job done.

Are there any drawbacks to these rings?

·
Registered
551 Posts
only drawback

The only drawback I am aware of to see-through mounts is the heighth the scope must be off the rifle. The ones I have seen, the scope is so high you have to almost lift your cheek off the stock to see through the scope. That is enough reason for me to avoid see-through mounts. Maybe they have improved this flaw in some of the newer set-ups-- I don't know. However, I would not criticize what a shooter likes and prefers-- If he/she does not mind the higher set-up and wants to alternate between iron sights and glass, I say go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.