Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see some savage squirrel rigs.
I like to hunt tree rats with a plane Jane savage.
I have a camo rig in the works any pictures for ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mtnhunter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantom Very nice job on that! Im jelous. Does she have a sister? lol. Can you share with us how you went about Painting her up?
What kind of paint was used?
I've been reading some posts about Krylon Fusion paint being used.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
That is the stock the rifle came with. The 93r17bvss is the grey laminate stainless steel model.

I plan to replace the stock with a richard's microfit in the same color laminate.

I like the original but, the comb is to low when looking through the scope.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mtnhunter said:
Fantom Very nice job on that! Im jelous. Does she have a sister? lol. Can you share with us how you went about Painting her up?
What kind of paint was used?
I've been reading some posts about Krylon Fusion paint being used.
In the pic below is the paint and a stencil that's similar to the one i used, only difference being the two large gashes faced the same way. I lost the other one. Used the side of a soda can box for the stencil, or any cardboard that's similar to a Pepsi or Mt. Dew cube. Have plenty of paper towels handy to wipe the stencil down, it's also helpful to have a razor blade handy to clean out the gunk that builds up inside the stencil. For that style I went with a Olive drab base coat, then used kakhi, dark brown and black with the stencil. Then did a dust effect with the kakhi over the whole gun, followed by a dust of black. Started with a synth stock, reenforced it with tons of fiberglass, matter of fact it added 4 lbs to the gun, which to me makes it more comfortable. The paint stuck as good to the metal, as the plastic, and the fiberglass, and it withstands heat very well. No primer or anything like that, just rubbed it down with some alcohol and sprayed. The only part of the rifle the paint where the paint wears off is the crown, which doesn't matter,anyway. Even sticks to the exposed part of the bolt and bolt handle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.