Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Let's see your Kidd!

4387 Views 61 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Nfd538
Single Stage trigger, 16.5" ULW barrel, classic slip fit...Leupold 4x28.
Plant Tree Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Biome
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
6,320 Posts
2014 KIDD Supergrade.
2 Stage Trigger set at 3/3oz.
NF 15-55X Competition with NF Ultralite 30mm Titanium/Alloy Rings.

I purchased this from KIDD in 2014, and I believe it was near the end of the original KIDD Supergrades.
What was different back then was that the barrel was screwed into the receiver (not a switch barrel, and not held by screws), along with the custom McMillan stock with pillars, and which is machined so tight as to be essentially bedded.

Now the new Supergrades have the barrel attached with a long twist lock tenon and 2 screws which Tony says is just as good as the original.
Plus you can switch the barrels. Not a small difference.
I 100% believe him.

However, some folks don't, which makes the resale value of this rifle quite elevated. ;)

This rifle has shot all of the RFC 10/22 matches and has done really well in all of them.

It was last years (2021) Championship winner in our year long USBR match shooting 24 total targets in our middle (Sharpshooter) division against 12-15 monthly shooters in that division.
In the end beating out a pair of Anschutz rifles which took 2nd and 3rd.
Gotta love that.

This is its best USBR target.
By the way the rifle had 14,801 rounds down the pipe when I shot this target.

I'm digging all of the photos!!
Looking forward to seeing many more, along with their stories.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,320 Posts
Here's mine: Kidd Supergrade, Single stage trigger has been replaced with the two stage 8oz/8oz, 20" SS Barrel, Dead Air Mask suppressor, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25 X 50 scope, McMillan Anschutz stock pillar bedded.
Chris
View attachment 347134
Nice looking rifle. ;)

Question: Dose it have the barrel screwed into the receiver vs, slip fit like mine in post #9?
The reason I'm asking is I've have never seen one in the McMillan stock the wasn't an original Supergrade.
However your barrel is threaded for a can, and has a barrel stamping near the receiver that mine dose not.
I quess I'm looking for a bit of history of your rifle.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,320 Posts
The most accurate rimfire I've owned. Bore-scoped the unfired barrel and was shocked to see a near mirror finish from breech to muzzle. Very nice. The only drawback is affording premium ammo to match the quality of the rifle. One lot of 5 Eley Semi-auto Benchrest Precision made me giggle at the tight groups. View attachment 348004

SuperGrade barreled receiver
Kidd charging assembly
Kidd rear anchor
CPC Ruger bolt
Brimstone BX trigger assembly
KRG Bravo
Arken SH4 6-24x50

View attachment 348005

A shot of the barrel finish
Same for me.
I inserted my Hawkeye bore scope into the barrel with the light turned all the way up (normal setting for all of my other barrels) and I couldn't see anything because of the glare.
Nice to know that KIDD is Still lapping them to that level.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,320 Posts
When I bore scoped the new barrel it was astonishing. Capturing the photo from video really degraded the appearance you see. I have safed the rifle for the winter but deep cleaned beforehand. It's still really nice after 1200 rounds but 6 o'clock pitting is starting to make itself known. Perishable. I've started saving for a replacement (maybe an 18 incher). Hopefully by spring Center-x may be easier to find at a sane price.
My KIDD had 14,801 rounds down the pipe when I shot that target.
So.........if you just want a new barrel, of course go for it, but I believe you're a ways off from needing one.;)

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,320 Posts
Kidd SG 20" barrel, 2 stage (8/8) trigger.

Cam Engineering (me) custom stock

Athlon Argos 6-24

The rifle is def 1/2" at 50, I'm not

View attachment 360227
Very cool stock!
Love the whole look.

Now I'm not a Pro Photographer by any measure, But............I might remove all of the stuff around the rifle, and that White chair for your next glam shot.:cool:
Smooth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts