Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
I'd love to build out a van for camping.
It’s a 2020 GMC Savanna, long wheel base, 3500, 1 ton, 6ltr-6 speed, backup camera, with a trailer towing package, 3:42 rear end, that gets 16 mpg. The only thing I cheated out on was the radio, for another $275, I could of had Wi-Fi hot spot and satellite radio

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've owned 20+ vehicles (about 1/2 of them trucks or truck-based SUVs). 2019 4Runner is the only vehicle I currently own and it's my favorite out of all of them. It does most things I need an automobile to do. I hope to have it for a long time.

View attachment 305846
Would be my retirement vehicle in TRD Offroad if current situation wasn't what it was.

First 4x4 was a 77 FJ55 Iron Pig. Got tired of the bronze valve guides wearing out on the 2F Engine so did one of the early Man-A-Fre swaps to a Cheby 350 with a 4 bolt main. Holy 650 with an Edelbrock high rise intake and custom low end torque cam.

The Ex called it the beast and it was and went everywhere, pulled a lot of jeeps out of the woods with it LOL. After I got married it was the first thing to go, last I seen it was headed to Alaska by a Seabee Sr. Chief that bought it from me.

Have had primarily pickup trucks since, if the dog(s) get skunked while hunting having a bed is a great place for them to ride. But since getting a Polaris Northstar the tow vehicle isn't so important as long as it doesn't freeze the skunk juice. Really planned on a LC as my last 4x4 but they are now up to almost $100K and the 4Runner is a better vehicle IMO. As long as it is white. And TRD Offroad. Not paying the premium on them right now however and will keep running the Taco into the ground if I have to. But soon, very soon....

This is my actual daily driver, but it's not a truck. The truck is my "once a week to town to fetch supplies" driver.

My XP1000 Northstar is only for play, hey I gots heat and AC!

Built a dog box for the back for hunting during the month of October on the Canadian border. Have standing reservations at a cabin used to camp in a wall tent. Getting too old for that crap LOL.

During the summer I use it for sporting clays and modified it so that can carry a full squad. People fight to ride up front in the AC. And get away from the bugs and mosquitoes.

It is a 2019 bought the first one that came out in 2018. Have had a Northstar Trail Boss on order since September of last year. Still no delivery date yet. Tip out windshield, self leveling rear shocks, Ride Command, power windows, winch front and rear, etc. Will cost me ~ what the Taco cost me new. But from what I am seeing can sell the Northstar I have for more than I paid for it when I get the call. Crazy times.

Not that I have anything against the sagebrush sea. Was stationed and spent a lot of time in the SW. I also phez hunt on the border of the Missouri River which is the dividing line between the 2 with some other retired Navy guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good looking dog
Thanks Jack. The black nosed Toller in my Avatar is Sniper from Cayuga Kennels on the East Side of Cayuga Lake. Right before he passed over the Rainbow bridge.

Have been around the breed for more than 30 years now. The one I posted is named Nova. Took him to the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever NSDTR (US) National Speciality in Wi. when he wasn't quite one yet. He was the only one to pass the BRT test and did well overall even though I am a meat hunter and not into all the fancy presentations and delivery. I am out to kill birds. And only hunt waterfowl anymore when waiting for 10:00 rolls around to hunt phez in SD.

He has a son that is a one nut wonder from a breeding a year and a half ago. Named him Jack in honor of my FIL that has passed bit more than 10 years ago. He introduced me to the Toller and was the Area 1 rescue coordinator when it went from Maine to Va. After his daughter left me and my sons Jack and I remained best friends. His wife did the same to him and I miss him dearly. His name sake is a handful but deserving of his name.

Got an email yesterday from one of the premier Toller breeders in the US from Wi. that I bred Nova with a month ago that her females ultrasound shows 8-9 pups. Stud muffin is passing on the Genes for hunting. And good looks.

Already went off topic enough but I have to ask with the name Boiler in the beginning of your handle does Cold Iron mean anything to you?

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Thanks Jack. The black nosed Toller in my Avatar is Sniper from Cayuga Kennels on the East Side of Cayuga Lake. Right before he passed over the Rainbow bridge.

Have been around the breed for more than 30 years now. The one I posted is named Nova. Took him to the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever NSDTR (US) National Speciality in Wi. when he wasn't quite one yet. He was the only one to pass the BRT test and did well overall even though I am a meat hunter and not into all the fancy presentations and delivery. I am out to kill birds. And only hunt waterfowl anymore when waiting for 10:00 rolls around to hunt phez in SD.

He has a son that is a one nut wonder from a breeding a year and a half ago. Named him Jack in honor of my FIL that has passed bit more than 10 years ago. He introduced me to the Toller and was the Area 1 rescue coordinator when it went from Maine to Va. After his daughter left me and my sons Jack and I remained best friends. His wife did the same to him and I miss him dearly. His name sake is a handful but deserving of his name.

Got an email yesterday from one of the premier Toller breeders in the US from Wi. that I bred Nova with a month ago that her females ultrasound shows 8-9 pups. Stud muffin is passing on the Genes for hunting. And good looks.

Already went off topic enough but I have to ask with the name Boiler in the beginning of your handle does Cold Iron mean anything to you?
I’m having brain fade, the kennels is about 40 miles from the house

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I currently don't have a daily driver truck. But I did own 4 daily driver trucks in my time, up to about 2004. Turns out trucks are poor security for my work tools, as I found out one time at a customer's site in Dallas, Texas.

My favorite of the 4 was a second hand early '80s Chevy S-10 with a little 2.8L V6. It was a single cab long bed that would hold two motorcycles side by side with the tailgate closed. Plus, I'd hook up a small trailer with a 4-wheeler on the back.

3 of us would squeeze into the cab and I'd haul the two dirt bikes and 4 wheeler to places like the Sam Houston National Forest.

An old pic from 1991 or 1992. That would put me in my upper 20s at the time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don’t have a picture of it… just close your eyes and imagine a red 2007 Chevy 4x4 1500 crew cab with 190,000 miles, clear coat coming off in a lot of places, and rust spots on top of the cab.
I really want to get something else, but the prices are just too crazy right now.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts