Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scores from the 21 shooters in our Sault Ste. Marie Match on June 8th. Took a while to collect all the equipment data. That was OK, because I didn’t want to start posting June scores anyway until we got all the May stuff posted.

Some of you have been posting scores on this forum. Some were not complete. I would need more information before entering your scores in the database. I have received just a few scores by e-mail and will start posting them.

To try to cut down on the number of lost scores, I will send a return e-mail message to each of you, letting you know I “got the message”. If you post your scores on the forum, let me know, so I do not duplicate the post. You will save me some time if you post the the forum, but I would still want you to send me the stuff by e-mail. I lost some scores last month because of this.

And: Keep in mind that if you put the scores in this format, you will save me time and help eliminate errors.
--------
25 Yards
--------
000-0x Your Name. Home Town, State. (Screen Name)/(age) if under 17
Make & Model of gun. Make & power of scope. Brand of ammo.
Custom parts. Custom work.
Weather report. Excuses.
--------
50 Yards
--------
Same stuff: Lower scores.
--------
For those Special ammo matches use one of these back of “Ammo”:
(BAB) For Brookie’s Buck-A-Box Match.
(Side Match) for that Junk Ammo Match that Antlurz dreamed up and Knitepoet can’t get rid of. :)

And: Do yourself a favor and save yourself some time. Make a template:
Copy the template for each month’s match.
Enter the new scores and any equipment changes in the copy.
Post it on this forum.
SEND ME A COPY.

Joe

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
10-4 Joe,
Here goez,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25yds
250-17X Jerry Lowe Corrales NM (JL)
Ruger 10/22, Tasco CS 8X32-44 @32 Lapua Midas L
GM Stainless 20", B&C Anschutz stock. Lightened trigger.
50yds
244-3X Jerry Lowe Corrales NM (JL)
Ruger 10/22, Tasco CS 8X32-44 @32 Lapua Midas L
GM stainless 20", B&C Anschutz. Lightened trigger.
Weather was perfect, overcast about 70 and no wind.
I found out that mid-week is the best time to go to the range. No shooters wringin' out their .300 Weatherby mags right next door! Definately screws with the concentration!

Thanks for the great job Joe! Jerry

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well Joe, you asked for it

I managed to get away today for a couple hours to do a little shooting. I finally found a spot kind of out of the wind, ok so I set up to shoot with the wind. At any rate I shot 4 Targets with CCI Blazers. The best of the lot is as follows:

25 Yards (BAB)
247-6x, Larry Sand Rosholt South Dakota (Larry in SD)
Super 14 T/C Contender Handgun (Trigger Tuned to a Super Crisp 1 1/2 pounds, Forend Free Floated and Pillar Bedded), 3x12x32mm Burris LER Handgun Scope set @ 12x, C.C.I. Blazer (BAB) Ammo

I made a new rear rest and tried it out today. It consists of a wedge shaped piece of 4x4. I cut it so it is 3/4" thick at the front and 2" thick at the rear, and 6" front to back. This follows the contour of the bottom of the Grip, and simply moving the grip forward or backward provides needed elevation adjustment. Since it worked out, I finished it up a few minutes ago by covering it with carpeting.

Now I just need to get out and shoot the Knitepoet's Side Match with the Winchester X-Perts yet this month.

Larry

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Joe Haller said:
<snip>
(Side Match) for that Junk Ammo Match that Antlurz dreamed up and Knitepoet can't get rid of. :)
<snip>
Joe
First....
HEY JOE......:p:p
(I already know one person I outshot in this month's side match):p

Now, concerning my scores
25 yards
237-4x Paul Johnson, Tuscaloosa, Al (knitepoet)
CZ Ultra Lux, Tasco 4-16x50 Aguila SE SV
Brookie's spring kit

233-1x Paul Johnson, Tuscaloosa, Al (knitepoet)
CZ Ultra Lux, Tasco 4-16x50 Win Xpert (side match)
Brookie's spring kit

226-1x Paul Johnson, Tuscaloosa, Al (knitepoet)
CZ Ultra Lux, Tasco 4-16x50 CCI Blazer (BAB)
Brookie's spring kit

Was rushed for time when I shot all 3 targets :( I was also using 3 sections of 4x4's for a rest since my elcheapo plastic rest got lost last month :(
Paul

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
pssssssstt! Paul...

Did you notice when it's this match, it's "JUNK AMMO"... but when it's the exact same stuff in the other match, it's BAB?

:t

:D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Yeah I noticed that, but that didn't mean as much to me as the
and Knitepoet can't get rid of.
;)
Paul

·
Registered
141 Posts
June Score

:D :D :D
June Score -Finally
50 Yds.
244 5X Bob Walling
Cloverdale, OR.
Anschutz 1710 Sporter.
Leupold 36 X
Lapua Multi-Match Ultra
Don Stith stock, bedded w/pillars
Trigger spring removed
Temp. in the low 50's with a slight wind, about 5 to 7 mph.
BTW-I picked up this rifle for $800 with both stocks and the bedding done. Leo came on an Anschutz I traded for, not the 1710, couldn't believe the guy included the scope in the trade, maybe I should have asked for some cash to boot. Too stunned to think at the time.
:(

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
More North / South Dakota Scores for June

Evening Joe. Ron and Linda came down this evening and we managed to get a few more targets shot. This will be the last time we get to shoot for the month.

25 Yards (BAB Sidematch)
240-3x, Larry Sand Rosholt South Dakota (Larry in SD)
Super 14 T/C Contender Handgun (Trigger Tuned to a Super Crisp 1 1/2 pounds, Forend Free Floated and Pillar Bedded), 3x12x32mm Burris LER Handgun Scope set @ 12x, Winchester X-Pert (BAB Sidematch) Ammo

25 Yards
250-9x, Ron Berg Wapheton North Dakota
Marlin 2000L (Rifle Basix Custom Trigger tuned to a super crisp 1 1/2 pounds), Simmons #800116 8x32x44mm Scope set at 32x, Wolf Match Target Ammo

25 Yards
250-15x, Linda Wanek Wahpeton North Dakota
Ruger K77/22VBZ (Trigger tuned to a super crisp 2 pounds, Barrel Free Floated), 6x24x40mm Tasco High Country Scope set at 24x, Wolf Match Target Ammo

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
204 Posts
Delaware June Scores from Delaware

Joe Haller, I also sent you an email for these scores. Thanks for all the work you do in coordinating these on line matches.
.... Retiree

25 yards - Outdoors

250 - 8x, Larry Fletcher, Newark, DE (Retiree)

Anschutz 64 MPR. Weaver T36. Eley Match EPS.

No custom work or parts.

Cloudy, 82 degrees, wind 0 to 10 variable direction.

50 yards - Outdoors

242 - 6X, Larry Fletcher, Newark, DE (Retiree)

Anschutz 64 MPR. Weaver T36. Wolf Match Extra.

No custom work or parts.

Cloudy, 82 degrees, wind 0 to 10 mph & variable direction.

25 yards - Outdoors

239 - 7x, Larry Fletcher, Newark, DE (Retiree)

Anschutz 64 MPR. Weaver T36. Remington Target 6122 (BAB).

No custom work or parts.

Cloudy, 82 degrees, wind 0 to 10 mph & variable direction.

50 yards - Outdoors

226 - 2X, Larry Fletcher, Newark, DE (Retiree)

Anschutz 64 MPR. Weaver T36. Remington Target 6122 (BAB).

No custom work or parts.

Partly cloudy, 84 degrees, wind 0 to 10 mph variable.

25 yards - Outdoors

228 - 1x, Larry Fletcher, Newark, DE (Retiree)

Anschutz 64 MPR. Weaver T36. Winchester Xpert (Side Match).

No custom work or parts.

Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, wind 0 to 10 mph variable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
first time scores

25 yards Outdoors
234 -4x alecia wenner dudley n.c.
rem541-thb simmons 800116 8-32 wolf
shooting off portable bench

25 yards outdoors
238-5x stan wenner dudley n.c. (rem17)

50 yards outdoors
212 -1x stan wenner dudley n.c.

just bought 64 mpr with sightron 36x can't wait to break it in

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well Joe, I lied

I wasn't done shooting for the month YET. It was such a beautiful morning I just had to go out and shoot. Besides I just last evening got the crown fixed on my Contender Barrel, so I just had to shoot another target this month.

25 Yards
250-8x, Larry Sand Rosholt South Dakota (Larry in SD)
Super 14 T/C Contender Handgun (Trigger Tuned to a Super Crisp 1 1/2 pounds, Forend Free Floated and Pillar Bedded), 3x12x32mm Burris LER Handgun Scope set @ 10x, Wolf Match Target Ammo.

That was my last box of Wolf Match Target. In fact I didn't even know I had it, I thought I was out, but this box was hiding in my shooting box. Looks like I need to order some more, soon.

Larry

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks JL

However this is not your ordinaty Pistol. I have tuned on this Contender for about 6 months now, and the rewards are finally starting to pay off. After tearing apart the Trigger Group many, many, many times fine tuning it, all the pains I went through breaking in the Bore, Free Floatiing & Pillar Bedding the Forend, having Burris reset the AO on my 3x12x32mm Burris LER Handgun Scope, etc., I really feel kind of STUPID for over-looking the obvious, the Barrel Crown.

T/C had the most horrible looking crown on this barrel I have ever seen. It is a wonder it shot anything resembling decent groups at all. There was actually a raised ridge around about half of the circumfrence of the crown, kind of like a burr. After finally getting my head out of my butt and checking the crown the first thing I said to myself was "It is amazing that I ever hit the bullseye at all".

My cousin's husband is a fellow Contender Shooter, and general Gun Nut. He has a Brownell's 11 degree crowning tool, and he recut the crown last evening. Then he hand lapped the entire crown after he got it recut. It really looks sweet now.

However things may indeed change. There may be a New Bench Rest Handgun on the horizon for me. I have been thinking of a project, and it all depends on what the ATF tells me I can and can not do, and how much the special permit costs me. For now though I can at least have some confidence in this Super 14 Match Grade .22 LR T/C Contender Handgun.

Thanks again.

Larry

·
Registered
887 Posts
June scores

Hi:

good shooting , a 250 with a pistol, has to be a first
amazing, really

good shooting everyone just glad to see a lot of shooters
we are not snooty like some other folks just having fun :D

David:p

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Here goes......

50yds

232 - 3X Don Strashinsky, Springfield, MO (ski)
Volquartsen Custom .22 Magnum, Remington "Premiers" V-Max
20" Fluted barrel w/compensator, MacMillan Thumbhole stock
Weaver T36 scope, Wichita Arms rest ( trying a "flatter" sandbag, instead of "owl ears" this year.

Weather was sunny & warm with mild 5mph breeze.

I got a great excuse! I was hopeing to shoot one more sheet "for score".....cease fire was called and when I reached for the bolt handle to clear my rifle......it wasn't there!

No joke! The handle had broken off of the bolt and it was on the ground down by my feet.

The Volq. handle is attached directly to the bolt by a set screw that captures a small "tip" on the handle, the tip had snapped off.

(sigh) and that last sheet probably (maybe, perhaps, luckily) would've been "the one".

Oh, well.....July is almost here.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well as bad as I hate to post this one...it doesn't look like I'm going to get another chance this month.
50 yards outdoors
229-1x Dwight Rickard, Florence, AL (Educator)
Anschutz 54.18 MS, Leupold [email protected], eley match eps
Hmmm, My stool wasn't sitting right, I was having to bend over way too far, the grass got in the way, etc. etc. Actually I think I got too excited...I cleaned the top row...raised my blood pressure, heart accelerated...it just went downhill from there. Oh well, maybe next month.

Dwight P Looks like your tops of the Alabama totem this month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.