Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a little help from you all:

I am thinking of getting an aftermarket stock for the 10/22 I just put together for my wife. The thing I don't know is the length of pull on a lot of styles available.

Here is what I would like: The style of the stock + manufacturer + length of pull (or range if it is adjustable).

I am not sure exactly what length she needs (I am typing this from work and she isn't here) but the Tundra I have on my Marlin is a bit long for her.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
366 Posts
Fajen thumbhole 14in

Bell & Carlson thumbhole target style 14in

Sorry those are the only two I have, that I can measure. I think that 14in is the standard for most stocks. Although I'm not real sure about this.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Gentlemen -

I'm only 5'6" and I have to shorten all my rifles to a 12 3/4" LOP. I haven't found a "factory" stock yet that I wasn't able to shorten - both wooden and synthetic. Sometimes, I have to use an aftermarket recoil pad because there isn't enough rubber in the sides of the original to trim it down. The synthetic stocks do not lend themselves to too much shortening - especially because you must use the original recoil pad.

I've just ordered my first custom laminated stock from Richard's Micro-Fit Stocks and they are going to cut the stock to length at no charge when they fit the recoil pad.
http://rifle-stocks.com

me!

P.S.
Send your wives over to womenhunters.com!
http://www.womenhunters.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
:yeahthat:

I recently purchased an Odyssey 3 way adjustable stock and it was STILL too short! B&C made it right quickly though... I contacted them, told them my problem and they overnighted a longer butt extention at no charge. Got a solid 14 3/4" on it now.

THAT my friends is good customer service!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.