Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the Nordic stock and the Charger pistol.

I'd like to make a very small "tactical" plinker, without cutting down a barrel and going the SBR route.

If I buy a Charger (which is recorded on the 4473 as a "pistol", and then install it in the Nordic stock, will it be legal as long as I do not attach a butt stock to the Nordic kit?

I'm thinking that if I instead install a small sling swivel on the back of the Nordic stock, it would be good to go as a pistol, but what say you?

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, there's the rub, I suppose. I do have a couple of AR15 rifles and some spare parts (including a stock, but no buffer tube) lying around.

I also have a few 10/22 rifles as well. I had hoped to buy one of the Nordic kits and swap it back and forth between a charger pistol and a 10/22 rifle (omitting the butt stock on the pistol, of course) as suits my mood.

The reason I was thinking about adding a sling loop to the back of the Nordic kit was for precisely the reason you mentioned above, proof that I had no intention of mounting a butt stock on there when teh Kit was installed on a Charger.

Still, if this would open you to that kind of prosecution, it would seem that merely possessing a Charger, and a 10/22 with a Nordic kit could be construed as constructive intent because you have all the components to make an illegal gun.

For that matter,having a Charger and a 10/22 at the same time wuld also qualify, because what's stopping you from putting the Charger action in the 10/22 stock?

Ah, well. They do take the fun out of everything, don't they?

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The image someone posted above is exactly what I had in mind.

But, I'm still a bit leery of doing or having anything that could be interpreted as "illegal" on some technicality.

I guess it's better to just pass on it for now. Who knows, the law might change some day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.