Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am thinking about buying a 10/22 Carbine All Weather with a blued barrel, I shoot left handed and i was wondering if the shells would hit me when they ejected? I was also wondering if you can use CCI STINGERS in this gun, Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
The Stinger case is about 1/10 of an inch longer than other LR cases. Match chambers on aftermarket barrels are cut to closer tollerances and the longer Stinger will not fit and could cause a dangerouse situation in an autoloader like the 10/22. It could cause the rifle to fire out-of-battery, or with the bolt not completely closed.:yikes:

Good Luck
Gary

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i burn my arm on shells when shooting off off a bench. my right arm does have hot shells land on it or bounce off of it, but it is the worst when i lay my arm on top of one.

i wish i could post pics right now. i have 2 "T" shaped burns on the underside of my right arm, and another on the left arm. im not sure how a how casing got to the left of me but whatever.

its not a big deal if you ignore it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm a left handed shooter as well. The only time I ever get a hot case on my arm is when I am shooting off the bench.

Fresh fired .22 cases are not that hot though, so it's no big deal.

Now try getting a hot .223 shell out of a MINI-14 onto your arm, or in your face. Now THAT'S HOT!

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i shoot lefty, a norrell 10/22 full auto 950+ rounds per min. they sometimes end up down my collar. but not often. spitfires eject more erratic than thunderbolts. t bolts more erratic than vipers. vipers more than yellowjackets! stingers are too nice to piss away on burstfire. but i have yet to try that new left hand ammo you guys use. it must only be sold @ walmarts south of the mason dixon line? :gun4:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.