Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to expand my groundhog rifle line include the .22WMR and the 452 American is the front runner. It seems like an outstanding rifle, but doesn't come in a heavy bbl (according to the CZ-USA online catalog.

Are there some owners here who could tell me about this gun's accuracy and the pro's and con's of it? Maybe there's something else I should consider. All of your advice is appreciated.

After lurking here awhile I can understand why y'all get so much good press on the varmint and small caliber boards.

Many thanks....

dan

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have one of the Americans in .22 Magnum. I love it! It has great wood and with Remington V-max ammo it is very accurate. It also shoots the 50 grain Federal ammo well, which surprised me. I don't think you can beat 'em for the price. They are a quality rifle. The triggers are easily fixed to lower the pull to whatever you desire. Brookie sells a spring kit for them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The adjustable trigger is good news. It's looking like this rifle will be a go and the aftermarket spring kit will be in its future.

It's exciting to re-enter the rimfire world with an excellent rifle.

I appreciate your help.

dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I leaned a little too far, as one followed me home from Harrisonburg Va today. It's a sweet looking little gun and has a nice balance to it.

Since I'm a total rookie with CZ's I'm going to have to do some homework here and other places you kind folks might suggest. A Sinclair rod guide is on order, and the next step might to locate the source of the spring kit.

Everyone's help is appreciated, and I'm glad to be here...even if it gets expensive! As the song goes, "I ain't broke, but brother I'm badly bent."

dan

(wonder if my wife being half Czech counts for anything...nah!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jaywalker, home used to be Staunton, but has been Albebarle Co/Charlottesville for too long. How about yourself? There's pretty much real estate in Northern Va.

Brookie, I'm looking forward to buying the spring kit from you soon...it sounds like just the ticket.

dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lt Dan,
You will love that rifle. I love mine. The Remington V-Max shoots pretty good in mine too, but the Winchester Supreme in the Black box shoots just as good for almost half the money! Try it.

Mine will shoot around 1" groups at 100 yards. It is bedded, floated and the trigger is lightened.

Ronnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.