Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some something to ease the cleaning of my single six I picked up last week. It's quite the "lead fouler" It plates up the chambers and past the forcing cone in a few hundred rounds. Some ammos worse than others, but all the non jacketed bullets are leaving lead behind. I've "peeled" chunks out and measured them at over .005" thick from the worst offending ammo (Xperts, finaly got them shot up though :rolleyes: )

I've tried a few solvents already, but I though I'd compare with others experience...
So what's the best lead loosener/solvent out there that won't eat my blueing off anyhow?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have heard that shooters choice bore cleaner will break it loose. If you haven't already tried it. Its good stuff but will take the finish off of wood but won't hurt bluing any.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Try MPro-7. It really works. I've shot hundreds of rounds through my revolver and then cleaned them. Especially on the leading edge of the cylinder where it is fire baked on. Just use a cloth and let it soak in for a bit. If it doesn't come off right away let it sit on there for 1/2 an hour and it will all come off.

Another nice side affect is that there is no smell so the wife doesn't mind my using it in the house.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Best stuff I've found is Novumsolutions Blue Wonder gun cleaner.
I know you can find it On MidwayUSA's website, though they don't list it in all of their catalogs.
The company's President, Ken Gibbs, is a good fellow. They were supposed to release a dry lubricant/protectant called "Armadillo" @ this past SHOT show. I've got a sample of it I field tested for him... It's good stuff. I use it in the reciever and on the bolt of my AMT click clack as a lube. It's also been a good protectant for my only blued carry gun as well:t:t
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.