Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Latest thoughts in Chronographs?

988 Views 22 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  prairieviper
I have an old Shooting Chrony Beta that has served me well but is admittedly a little cumbersome to set up and use.
Since i have had an increased need for a Chrony lately ( for my renewed rimfire and airgun use), I've been contemplating an upgrade.
My criteria would be to find something that is easier to set up and maybe communicates with my phone.
Thoughts?

p.s. I've done a search here but have found mostly 10 year old posts. Hoping for some more recent guidance/experience given the way electronics tend to improve.
Reactions: 1
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I occurs to me that I have a Oehler 35P that I've used once. I should probably sell it.
Thanks for all the insights. It does look like the LabRadar would be the best choice for ease in set-up. Still, I can't recall using my current (Chrony Beta) unit more than a dozen times over the same number of years of ownership. My bet is that whatever replaces it will likely get used to dial in an air rifle or two then go back on the shelf. ( At my age, all my handloads have long since been developed) I like good stuff but would honestly struggle to justify $700 for something I would use so infrequently. That said, now I wonder if I would be happy with a Caldwell or Competition Electronics after researching the Labradar. Much to think about. Thanks again for the input.
That said, now I wonder if I would be happy with a Caldwell or Competition Electronics after researching the Labradar. Much to think about.
I'm happy with my Competition Electronics chronograph.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts