Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say good bye to the Model 41.
I dont know the effective date but the days are numbered...
Smoke em if ya got em cuz the values will be going up...
Not real fast but I will wager they will climb....

·
Registered
35 Posts
41 still here

I e-mailed S&W about the rumor of the 41's demise. The reply was "The model is still part of our production line. With its unmatched history and reputation we would be foolish to discontinue it."

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm glad they recoginized they "would be foolish to discontinue it."

The 41 is one of the best American made handguns. I have a 52 and it also is a superb handfitted work of machine art. Smith recognized it's value and now makes them in a couple of 9mm versions. The demand shifted from bullseye to other types of competition and the 52 is still there as a 952.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
According to a recent article in the Shotgun News, the assembly line for the Model 41 is a few well seasoned gunsmiths who specialize in Model 41's. It is not part of the S&W regular assembly line and these smtihs only do Model 41's. I would think as long as those people are still employed by S&W the Model 41 is a viable product regardles of the price. Even at the huge list price of well over $1000, it is still the better than anything priced below it and priced a long way from the European Match guns that seem to start at about twice that figure. They sell all that they make and in fact the article said that every one is spoken for before it even gets shipped. Sounds likd a money maker for S&W and it certainly doesn't hurt their reputation any.

I want a Model 52 so bad but I missed my oportunity when S&W discontinued them several years ago. You don't see then used very often and the prices are astronomical. Oh well.

LDBennett

·
Registered
583 Posts
Even at the huge list price of well over $1000, it is still the better than anything priced below it and priced a long way from the European Match guns that seem to start at about twice that figure
Not ALL Euroguns are overpriced. You might want to look here:
http://www.larrysguns.com/Departments/New-Pistols/Benelli.aspx?page=1

There's even an answer for those wanting a CF Wad gun (i.e. M52).
.38 WC is more like a down sized 45 ACP while the .32 WC is like a souped up 22 LR.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
langenc:

In the 1990's the CEO of a larger aerospace company that I worked for made a company wide special statement to squash the rumors that he was being considered for the CEO of a large telecom company. He stated via a TV hookup to the entire company that those rumor were false and he said it with a smile. In less than a year he was gone and working for the very firm the rumor said was courting him. Must have been a leak somewhere or the rumor would never have started.

All CEO's LIE! You can't believe anything they say including whether S&W will quit producing the Model 41's. If such a decision is made it will not be made for the good of the customers, or for the history of guns, or any emotional reason but for the shareholders and profit. That's just business as usual in America. When companies go public (offer stock) everything changes and is driven by profits and stock prices.

LDBennett

·
Banned
312 Posts
I wonder why they would discontinue the 41 when they're selling all they can make at $850 to 900?

Internet rumors........ by somebody who wants to sell more 41's?
I dunno about that, could be, but most distributors are out of stock on the Model 41s and have been for a long time (relatively speaking).
If you're looking for something you can't find anywhere else PM or email me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.