Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Laminate Refinishing

558 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Mathieu18
Is dry sanding and wipe on poly still the way to go? Been searching and reading but A) a lot of posts are years old and B) a lot want to change colors etc.

I just want to bring some shine and depth back to the stock. It’s a black and grey and is generally in fine shape, just want it to have a good sheen.

Thanks for any advice.
Is dry sanding and wipe on poly still the way to go? Been searching and reading but A) a lot of posts are years old and B) a lot want to change colors etc.

I just want to bring some shine and depth back to the stock. It’s a black and grey and is generally in fine shape, just want it to have a good sheen.

Thanks for any advice.
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,209 Posts
It is wood, basically plywood. Finish it just like you would solid wood. Lots of different wood finishes available from not very durable to extremely tough, slow process to get done to rather quickly. I switched to quick and tough many years ago. Noremf, a passed on member, had a post about a misted lacquer finish and it is one of the easiest to do, results in one of the toughest, and also one of the easiest to repair if dinged. I don;t know if his posts survived the format change or not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts