Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Kinda like a FTF... my MKIII on backorder

663 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  tk1971 
#1 ·
So, I mulled it over. Googled everything. Joined Rimfirecentral. Watched so many youtube videos.

My decision is made. I want a blued MKIII with the 5.5" bull barrel.

Went to the LGS last week to buy it and start my 10 days... not in stock? What?

I read an article (from Yahoo News, no less) 2 days later. Ruger has a million gun backorder. Wow, my timing sux.

The good news is, I already got my Sam bushing, 2 spare mags, and will be getting an LCI filler.

Now, I just need to find a set of Hunter cocobolo grips.

My MKIII with the Hunter grips will look great next to my 1948 Marlin 39-A.

I shall now continue to wait.

#7 ·
I've gotten many a rifle from Gunbroker and Auctionarms, but from what I've read, it's a hassle to get a pistol into California.

It's easier to get them from the LGS.

Just saw a video last night about the Marlin 795... Gotta keep myself occupied while I wait.

#8 · (Edited)
It's not an issue for anything on the approved list - that's how I got my stainless Target, and I'm in CA. You can check the list yourself here http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

MKIII512 / Steel Pistol 5.5" .22 LR 8/10/2012
MKIII512-60 (Black) / Blued Steel Pistol 5.5" .22 LR 11/13/2012
MKIII512GCL / Blued Steel Pistol 5.5" .22 LR 11/16/2012
P512MKIII / Steel, Polymer

I'm not saying you have to go this way, but since you're saying that your LGSs are out of stock, and you really want one, I'm just offering alternatives.

#9 ·
Good to know. More knowledge and options are a good thing.

Unfortunately, I'm fully committed to the LGS MKIII (meaning: already paid in full, and cancelling would mean I'm out $126+).

I guess, the question is how great of a deal can I find in a used 22/45 and still be able to keep the not-yet-in-stock MKIII order? Just gotta be 30 days between them, right? I'm just dreaming.

#11 ·
I hope you find and get what you want. I wanted to get the standard MK III witht he shorter tapered barrel. I called a number of LGS - usually the answer was "yeh, we normally carry 'em but they've been leaving the shelf almost as fast as we can get 'em in. I hit Sportsman's Warehouse up in Tucson and although they didn't have what I was looking for, they did have one blued MK III Target model with the bull barrel. Not knowing when I'd run across one of the standard models with the shorter tapered barrel, I snapped up the Target model. I'm glad I did as I love it. You'll run across what you're looking for. Best of luck to you! :bthumb:

#12 ·
Just stopped by my LGS on my way back from lunch. I'm glad I did. Apparently they "just" got more in stock (they even had one on display) and one serial number has been allocated to me.

My 10 days start now...

Thanks all, for the advice. I'm going to have to call Ruger to see if I can get Hunter grips.

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.