Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Kimber trigger adjustment?

612 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kent Owens
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the weight on the new kimbers? I would like to get the weight down to less then 1 1/2 pounds. Can a spring be repaced? I think I'm about as low as I can go with what I have done if what I've done is correct.

Thanks squirrelyhunter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,920 Posts
You can change the trigger return spring to a lighter one and get it way down. I have one down to a few ozs. (4-5 ozs.)by changing the spring and adjusting the sear. Some will do better than others, depending on how smooth the sear surfaces are and how strong the firing pin spring is. The factory return spring is too stiff, and when you adjust it enough to lighten the pull considerably, it does not work at all. Try putting one in that's a lighter made in the size of the wire, and a couple of coils longer--then you can adjust it as needed.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, I've been told that a Remington trigger is set up the same as the kimber so I can assume that instructions for sear, weight and over travel are the same? Also can springs be found outside a gun smith like a hardware store?
thanks again.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
I used a length of spring from an assortment of springs I bought from Brownell's. The come in 12" lengths, and assorted sizes, and in light and heavy tensions. I can't remember the size, but the diameter is pretty small. I doubt you'd find it in a hardware store, but you might?

Correction--The springs I used were given to me by a friend, and I had just put 'em in the bag with the Brownells spring assortment. I fyou mike you spring size, you should be able to get 'em from McMaster Carr.com. They have a lot to pick from in all sizes and tensions.
Sorry for the goof.
Kent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.