Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own a Kimber centerfire rifle? I know their rimfires are very good as well as their pistols. I have read some horror stories about their centerfire rifles, many on BenchrestCentral.com. I have read their Q/C is poor, and some rifles simply are not accurate. Also Kimber makes no promise of accucary, unlike Cooper or the T/C Icon rifle.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I own 2 Kimber Yonkers centerfires. One in 22-250 and another in .243, both longmaster classics with fluted stainless barrels. Both shot consistant 3/4" groups at 100yds with factory ammo. They shoot 1/2" groups now with handloads. On average I shoot 50+ woodchucks in the Spring and early Summer before the bean fields get too high every year then coyote/fox hunt in the Fall, so I use my centerfires quite a bit. I'm very happy with both of my Kimbers and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to guns. Own a few Coopers but like carrying a repeater bolt action mainly. I've been looking to get myself into one of the new Kimber Sonora's in .300wm so the 500yds shots will get easier to make (buck the wind better with the heavier bullets, less hold over, etc).

Only horror stories I've heard on the Yonker Kimbers were on the checkering. Some of the corners end up not completely finished, even seen it on a few rifles in gun shops. Never heard from anyone about a Kimber rifle not being accurate though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kimber Sonora's in .300wm is the rifle I was thinking about getting. I want it to be a real sub MOA tacker driver. I have a $200 Marlin 22 mag that will always shoot 1 hole clover leaf groups at 50 yards. The Kimber MSRP is over $1,300, it better shoot as well as my Marlin! Glad to hear postive reports on your rifles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.