Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HS is a great shooter..... my only gripe is the weight of the trigger pull. Its crisp & clean, but right on 4#s with RCBS gauge. Any kits or instructions available on reducing pull weight? ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
phil in alabama.....youre a lifesaver! I didnt want to just start twisting screws on the HS. Makes sense & now Ive got the excuse I need to do some range work today.

KUDOS ;D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use mine in smallbore silhouette, actually it is my wifes (she uses it for silhouette). It really likes Wolf MT and the older lots of RWS Target. It has also showed some potential with Federal Gold Medal Target, but nothing in comparison to the Wolf.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Kimber HS that I have shot in SB Silhouette. Wonderful, accurate gun, crisp trigger. It loves Eley Tenex and Eley Match EPS and is very happy with SK Jagd Standard Plus (same as the Wolf MT) I no longer shoot the Kimber as I have went to an Anschutz 1710 KL with the 2 stage trigger, just a personal preference, I prefer a 2 stage trigger. Others with Kimber HS's in our group report similiar ammo preferences.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a K22 Hunter that I use for sb silhoutte and I have to agree if you want something that shoots perfect groups go with the Midas M made by Lapua(10 dolloars for 50 rounds). If your like me and really can't afford that, try the wolf and the other one I found is federal Premium Gold Medal. Shoots right around an 1in and never more then 1in 1/2(if its good conditions). Also only about 30 dollors a brick. Little OT, but did anyone go to the Silhoutte Nationals this year....I think they were last week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was there, was extremely hot (over 100 every day) and dry. Augustin Sanchez fired a perfect 40 in the standard rifle match on Monday, the first ever in a National Championship match and tied Dennis Martinez' long standing record for aggregate in Standard rifle. Mirage gave me fits on the Turkeys and Rams (we don't see conditions like that in Arkansas) so I was about 4 animals off my average for the week. Highest I finished was 2nd AA in Hunter rifle on Monday. Great experience, not quite the show that the Southern Nationals in Winnsboro LA are though.
John Neihouse

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got into this sport, and one of my 3 postion coachs is mainly a highpower and sb silhouete shooting and was gone for the event so I was just curious. I think my best score is only a 12 so far only have shoot silhouete practice only about 5-6 times so far though. Another question for Jhon though what have you found the best hand postion. I am currently useing the buny ears thing with the triger guard resting in my palm and then my pinky and finger next to it on the bolt. I have tried others, but really see no difference. What have you found works best?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My hold has "evolved" if you will over a period of time. I started off using the off hand flat against the bottom of the stock with my elbow tucked into my side, the gun resting as though on a rest. Got a lot of side to side wobble. Tried the "bunny ears" and "taco" holds and couldn't get comfortable behind the gun. Then I moved my off hand all the way back to the trigger guard, resting the gun between my thumb and other fingers and wraping the fingers back around the bolt handle. I have a relatively high cheekbone and often have difficulty getting a "cheek weld" This position lets me roll the stock into my cheek and locks it down pretty solid. Brought my wobble area down to a predictable small oval and scores went up. I have seen a few others use this hold at Winnsboro and at the Nationals and other big shoots around the country. Everybody is shaped a little differently and has differing amounts of strength in their hands and arms, so there is no one best hold for everyone. Email me at [email protected] and I'll email you a picture of me holding my gun if you would like.

John Neihouse

·
Registered
96 Posts
The important thing is to realize that there is no one perfect hold, I would think. Getting comfortable behind the gun and being consistant is the number on thing. Have shot with several of the top shooters in the game and none of them hold exactly the same. Augustine Sanchez (shot a 40 in the Nationals in AZ this year) balances his gun on his finger tips and doesn't take it down at all during a bank of 5 animals. I tried it, and was all over the place. Works reallllly well for him, though.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.