Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what do you think I should do with a Kimber HS that won't shoot anything it's fed? Mine doesn't like anything I have put in and I am running out of options. It is topped with a 6.5x20 Leupold(?) scope and I have shot it clean,dirty,hot weather and cold, rain or shine and now I give up. It won't group under an inch at 100yards to save my life. I bought this thing for smallbore silhouette and it won't shoot fron a bench so I know it won't shoot from my shoulder. Any suggestions I'm open. Thanks Papa

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know too many 22lr rimfires that will shoot under 1" at 100yds, period. I've got a couple of ARA rifles(Hall and Turbo) that will shoot in the 2's at 50 but won't group consistently under 1" at 100 and that's using a 1 pc bench and only touching the rifle to light off a 2oz trigger. Doesn't mean I can't squirrel a group now and then :p, but shoot 5 - 5shot groups and average under 1" :shakehead . Every subsonic target round(Lapua Midas and Eley EPS) I shoot starts free falling about 6-7 inches after 50yds and that chunk of lead is so balisticaly(sp?) challenged that I consider 1" groups at 100yds pretty darn good.

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
CMJR is right on as usual. What kind of groups are you getting at 50 yards; as far as I'm concerned, that's the range I'd be most concerned about.

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Only rimfire I've ever owned that will shoot more than the occasional lucky sub one inch group at 100 yards is the .17Mach 2 CZ I have. NO other rifle has EVER done it for me, including a Volquartsen 10-22 with Eley Tenex and a 6-18 Redfield Five Star on top. I'd call ~1'' consistantly at 100 yards great myself.

·
Registered
121 Posts
papa shooter said:
Hey guys what do you think I should do with a Kimber HS that won't shoot anything it's fed? Mine doesn't like anything I have put in and I am running out of options. It is topped with a 6.5x20 Leupold(?) scope and I have shot it clean,dirty,hot weather and cold, rain or shine and now I give up. It won't group under an inch at 100yards to save my life. I bought this thing for smallbore silhouette and it won't shoot fron a bench so I know it won't shoot from my shoulder. Any suggestions I'm open. Thanks Papa
Papa, I tend to share your concern, especially with the fine scope you have. I don't have a NY Kimber, but a couple of Oregon guns I have can do the 100 sub-MOA consistently from a bench. The Sakos and A-Bolt I have can too. I have to slow the ammo down to do it. Best results for me are with SK Match or Wolf MT which are at 1050 or below. What do you shoot? ---Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.