Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the kidd trigger may not be compatible w/ the volquartsen receiver w/ their theaded barrels. I was insterested in getting a volq. stainless steel receiver w/ a threaded carbon fiber volq. barrel w/ the volq. bolt and I was told that the kidd trigger may not fit w/o modification or it may not work at all. I was suggested to use the volq. tg2000 trigger.

I also have a volq. superlight rifle and would like to change the tg2000 to the kidd trigger. The superlight does not have a threaded barrel and it has the aluminum receiver. Would the kidd trigger fit being that it does not have the threaded barrel.

Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Trigger problem

The Volquartsen bolt is longer than the stock Ruger bolt. The KID Supermatch was designed to operate as adrop in trigger for a stock ruger action. You will have to use a Ruger bolt. Sorry:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I want to use the kidd trigger, it would probably better if I use the Ruger Receiver w/ the ruger bolt and I'll go and not use the volquartsen stuff. Maybe a good question would be is how close can the TG2000 come to matching the kidd triggers performance.
Can the TG 2000 be adjusted to perform like the kidd trigger?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This was the problem with the Kidd "SuperMatch" trigger and my Volq. Magnum.

The barrel's breach didn't extend into the receiver far enough so the bolt was too far forward for the hammer to hit the firing pin.

The Kidd has an internal "stop" for the hammer which won't let it go forward like the Ruger or TG2000 hammer does.

I've heard of guys that sent thier Volq. Magnums to Kidd, where he "modified" the trigger to work. I don't know if he'll still do that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mazzie;

That problem was with the Volq. 10/22 mag rifle that the Kidd will not fit into. The lr version works fine. I had the same questions before I bought my 2 Kidds and 3 Volq. bolts. I dont have the Volq. receiver but I do know of a few people that do have some with that same setup. Old Volq. 10/22 mag+Kidd trigger work fine. New Volq. 10/22 mag+Kidd trigger no work fine. New and Old Volq. 10/22 lr+Kidd trigger work fine. However if you do ever get that Kidd trigger you will fall in love with it within 4 days of ordering it cause thats all the longer Tony Kidd takes to get them to ya. Happy building and good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1DRboy,
Thanks for the info. I read that there was a compatible issue w/ the 22 mags. I'm glad to know that the kidd trigger is compatible w/ the volq bolt and receiver in the 22lr. I'm going to order the kidd trigger and hopefully it works in my rifle. If it does does anyone want to buy a brand new tg2000? If it doesn't, I'll use the kidd trigger on another one I'll build next.
Mazzie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.