Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the k22 manufactured with two different base configurations depending on when it was produced or does every k22 have the same spacing and screw size? Can someone tell the spacing and screw size either way?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I believe the spacing is the same,but the earliest ones have 6-48 drilled receivers and they changed to 8-40 a short time later. I have the serial number break in one of my posts. I need a set of 6-48’s myself.

·
Premium Member
13,183 Posts
6-48 would be the old standard for most bases. Weaver for example. Most common old Weaver Aluminum bases had 6-48 screws. If you have one of those you can compare screw size to your K22 holes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I was asking to help identify a friends 2 position safety classic. His turned out to be the 6-48. I guess we're on the look out for a set of rings too.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/product/kimber-scope-mounts-models-17-22-82-and-84/

Has anyone tried these? I was just eyeballing centers with calipers today but my measurements came in, front .870 and rear .550. the rings in the link above are .860 and .500, I could be off that much.

Thanks
Those will fit the early 2 position safety 84M and the early K22 with the 6-48 screws.
Those are very nice rings and the lows will allow clearance on a 3-9X40 scope.

Vertfish, which 6-48 screw bases/rings are you looking for.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Those will fit the early 2 position safety 84M and the early K22 with the 6-48 screws.

I have an early NY Custom Classic and it needs the early Kimber factory 6-48 bases.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Just a follow up, these rings fit nicely.

Thanks,
Scootch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts