Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the FedEx man delivered four ODCMP packages. Two of which were unissued M82 Government rifles with the fat ugly stock and iron sights. One had the stock scratched that was mentioned, the other seems to be perfect. I opened the bag on the scratched on and spent about three hours cleaning it of the old packing grease.

Initial examination indicates that the action and bolt are rough. Not at all like my Remington M37 or 513T. I can see that it's going to take a bit of time for this to get to a smooth state. Maybe I'll get a chance to see how this 82 Government model shoots this weekend.

There seems to be a lot of different Kimber 82 models from the discussions that I've read. So know I'm curious, just how many variations are there?

Are any of the parts interchangable?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Three models ( action variations ) The 82A , 82B, and 82C. ( the Government model uses the 82A action. Many parts interchange but not all - especially bolt parts.
There are many variations or styles such as the Classic, Cascade (monte carlo stock), Custom Classic, SuperAmerica, Custom Match, S-Series, Brownell, Government Target, Cub, Contenental, Super Contenental, Mini-Classic, All American Match, Rimfire Varminter, Sporter. There are also a multitude of variations within each style depending on the time frame it was made and the options ordered. Some of the variations such as the S-Series, Custom Match, Brownell etc were limited runs with only a few (535 or less) made.

Sceva

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sceva

Thanks for the response. I must admit I'm very surprised at the number. It's much more extensive than I would have guessed.

Well, tomorrow looks like I will play at the range. I'll be testing one of the Kimbers and one of the H&R M12's.

Should be interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.