Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Just how good,

458 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  uncle dickie
are the Clearidge Ultra RM scopes for hunting Squirrels???? I have tried to put my Leupold 2 - 7 X 33 var -X II to good use by having the parallax changed and it it is dead on but I have trouble with the old peepers not seeing so well. I believe that I need the AO feature to be able to focus in on the little buggers. I have other scopes with this feature, and I was just very curious to see if anyone uses the Clearidge and how they like it. I have looked up just about all I can about them but still kinda like to hear what ya'll have to say about them Good or Bad......

Thanks unc....
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,181 Posts
You are going to have the sdame problem no matter what scope you use. Higher powers at close ranges will always be more blurry. Maybe what you need is a good fixed 6X Leupold sent back and have the parallax set at 40 yards. I sight my squirrel rifles in at 40 yards, because I rarely shoot past 60 on one, and most are under 30 yards. Setting one at 50 yards would be worse when it comes to things being blurry at close ranges. Just a thought you might want to consider.

· Registered
18,181 Posts
i agree with the fixed 6x , gizzy ! i got a burris fullfield2 in 6x [std. duplex]when they 1st came out , & had burris re-set the parallax for 50 yds. it's been the nicest scope i've owned ! right now , it's setting on my pretty savage mk.2 classic in .22lr , but i've also noticed closer targets being blurry . at the range , you can take the time to re-focus ; not always practical in the field !! dang that aging stuff !!
It has nothing to do with aging at all. All the years I have shot a scope, the closer you get, the blurry it will be. Thats just the way it is. As long as i can see my crosshairs clear, and that squirrel is that close, I don't care how blurry he looks, I can still get a head shot on him. :bthumb: When they get that close you have to hold a little high anyway or you will shoot under them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.