Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the Clearidge Ultra RM scopes for hunting Squirrels???? I have tried to put my Leupold 2 - 7 X 33 var -X II to good use by having the parallax changed and it it is dead on but I have trouble with the old peepers not seeing so well. I believe that I need the AO feature to be able to focus in on the little buggers. I have other scopes with this feature, and I was just very curious to see if anyone uses the Clearidge and how they like it. I have looked up just about all I can about them but still kinda like to hear what ya'll have to say about them Good or Bad......

Thanks unc....

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, this focus problem that you're experiencing, I'm assuming that it's at targets inside of 50 yards?[/QUOTE]

Well JEE, maybe I should have said it's a magnification problem. Ya see when the target is close in the 25 to 50 yard range and I turn the magnification up to see it better the target blurs. When I turn the power ring to lower mag everthing is clear but I have a hard time finding the target as it appears too small. The target being a squirrels eye or head.

Thanks Ice for your reply. :bthumb:

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, but my original question is just how good are the Clearidge Ultra RM scopes??? How do ya'll like them Good or bad?

Now as for that Leupold, it is crystal clear at the lower magnification at 25 to 50 yards but, I have trouble seeing the squirrels. They are just too small. It's hard to pick them out in the trees. Over the last few years I have found that the scopes with the AO feature seem to to work better for me. I think this VX-II would be better used on a shotgun or muzzleloader for deer sized game.

Thanks again for the info :bthumb: It is much appreciated....

unc.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.