Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Just how good,

460 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  uncle dickie
are the Clearidge Ultra RM scopes for hunting Squirrels???? I have tried to put my Leupold 2 - 7 X 33 var -X II to good use by having the parallax changed and it it is dead on but I have trouble with the old peepers not seeing so well. I believe that I need the AO feature to be able to focus in on the little buggers. I have other scopes with this feature, and I was just very curious to see if anyone uses the Clearidge and how they like it. I have looked up just about all I can about them but still kinda like to hear what ya'll have to say about them Good or Bad......

Thanks unc....
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· X-Mod
18,528 Posts
I have one with fine crosshairs for target shooting and I've very happy with it. I think that the duplex version would be just fine for hunting. :)

Here's fullchoke's review of the Ultra RM, although you may have already read it.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161526&highlight=clearidge

So, this focus problem that you're experiencing, I'm assuming that it's at targets inside of 50 yards?

· X-Mod
18,528 Posts
At at higher magnifcations the parallax error at ranges other than the scope's set range will become more noticeable, especially at shorter ranges.

The AO is the answer to bring your target in focus with your crosshairs, only it will be one more step that you'll have to contend with. I think this is the reason a lot of hunters prefer a fixed parallax as it's one less thing to deal with, but with aging eye's the need for extra magnification and an AO is understandable. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.