Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Just got my Ultimate 10/22 put together.

2100 10
I went with a Volquartsen SS reciever, Voquartsen 20'' fluted
and ported barrel, Volquartsen bolt, Volquartsen TG 2000 trigger group (I would of went Kidd trigger group, but I can set a Volquartsen trigger group up to about 1.5 pounds of pull and be just as happy), Bell and Carlson - Odyssey stock, A Leupold 6.5-20X EFR scope. It shoots like a dream, Its a shame I'm taking it back apart to glass bed the action and pressure point the barrel a little different to try and grab another .10 to .15 tighter groups.
I will post pictures just as soon as the fourms will let me.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Canting

Your welcome.
Thats one bad mother of a 10/22
Great link, the article on the site explains canting very well for those without much knolege of balistics. Neet product. Is canting a major issue at 50yrds with .22?How high is the arc from zero?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you are trying to hit the exact 22 caliber hole you just shot
and make the smallest group possible, yes canting is a major issue. It does not matter the yardage when you are talking about
.25 to .35 of an inch. Matches are lost on .025 to .1 of an inch when in major competition grouping matches. Any type of edge you can get on the competition is an advantage. try using just a plain small bubble level laid on top of the scope adjustment cover and try it out next time you shoot to see how much it tightens up your group. Thanks for the comment on my rifle, I went with what I saw everyone else was winning with. The only exception being I liked a different stock and the TG2000 triggergroup with a small mod to lighten the trigger pull. The Leupold EFR scopes are the bomb when it comes to rimfire scopes. Premeir Reticles makes a Leupold EFR that is twice the power of mine, now I want it. I can send mine off to Premeir and have it bumped up, but I think I will just get theirs with the full lifetime warranty still in tact from Leupold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.