Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a uses Benelli MP95 in great condition and took it to the range. However when using Standard Velocity ammo, it wouldn't eject the casings at all. When I tried Federal Automatch (1200 fps), it worked fine. Is it the ejector or something else?
Thanks!

Edit: Pic added!
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Gaucho de Gatos
7,367 Posts
Nice pistol! If it likes Automatch that's what I'd feed it for awhile.

Just because it's used doesn't mean it's got much of a round count and could still be stiff.

Have you stripped, cleaned, and relubed it yet? I doubt anything is wrong with it.

Frank

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Frank,
I haven't stripped nor cleaned it yet...I wanted to test it as is so if something was really broken, I could bring it back to the gun shop. Given it's not a major malf, I'll try a teardown this weekend.
Ken

· Registered
1,073 Posts
You’ll love it, definitely should run match ammo. I guess the most used plinking I used in this one was cci standard. It shot almost to exact point of aim as the Ultra Match for a fraction of the cost. Not as tight of a group though, but close enough.
I never had any jamming/FTF. Also, I never shot a .22lr pistol as good one handed as with this one.
So enjoy!

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’ll love it, definitely should run match ammo. I guess the most used plinking I used in this one was cci standard. It shot almost to exact point of aim as the Ultra Match for a fraction of the cost. Not as tight of a group though, but close enough.
I never had any jamming/FTF. Also, I never shot a .22lr pistol as good one handed as with this one.
So enjoy!
Thanks! Yeah, I have some match ammo, but CCI SV is my usual go-to sv ammo.

· Registered
14 Posts
Steal at $475 they have been bringing around $1000 on GBroker.

I shoot a MP90 have had it since 1999 and shoot comp with it. Mine Never liked CCI SV it is to soft. Try other SV like Aguila , Rem Target , Fiocchi SV or S&B club for cheap stuff, SK pistol match or standard plus, Eley Target /club for more $. I wouldn't shoot any HV ammo in a Benelli MP.

That looks like a older one so check buffer they tend to disintegrate with age and use. Firing pins are fragile and with the demise of Larry's Guns are hard to get. Mags are also getting expensive. Some parts are available from Red Feather.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steal at $475 they have been bringing around $1000 on GBroker.

I shoot a MP90 have had it since 1999 and shoot comp with it. Mine Never liked CCI SV it is to soft. Try other SV like Aguila , Rem Target , Fiocchi SV or S&B club for cheap stuff, SK pistol match or standard plus, Eley Target /club for more $. I wouldn't shoot any HV ammo in a Benelli MP.

That looks like a older one so check buffer they tend to disintegrate with age and use. Firing pins are fragile and with the demise of Larry's Guns are hard to get. Mags are also getting expensive. Some parts are available from Red Feather.
Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I saw the price and jumped on it! 🙂
However, I also figured there may be some issue(s) with it.
I recently tried some lightly oiled CCI SV and that worked fine. I'll next try some Aguila SV (my Trailside loves that ammo) and some of the other ones you mentioned that I have on hand.
I did check the buffer (accidentally when trying to figure out why the back piece seemed to move 😆) and it looked fine, but more buffers were included.
I read about the firing pin fragility and ordered two from glockparts.eu (not cheap, but still cheaper than GunBroker). I checked Red Feather earlier and they didn't have them. RF service is great, but it seems to me that they're currently just selling the remaining stock of Larry's (fingers crossed that they'll restock or become vendors/distributors).

· Registered
14 Posts
You may also try scrubbing the chamber really good. 25 cal brush bent to use from breech end works.

EAA was the importer before Larry so yours is a early 2000ish import. Mine came thru Benelli USA. I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap 95 to transfer my 90 grips and trigger module to and would have been serious " Shut up and take my $ ! " on that deal .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts