Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 107 number series. As near as I can tell it was made in 1973.

I usually use either CCI or older Federal Standard velocity ammunition.

Like yourself I am waiting for delivery, here in Canada it has to be registered before we get delivery of the gun.:( I hope to have it in about one week.)

I had a 106 series Citation. It was a great gun. I foolishly let it go in a moment of weakness, or maybe I should say madness.:eek:

This one will replace my Citation. I hope I have learned my lesson; I won't let this one get away.:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive comments guys.:)

As far as it looking as if it had never been shot, rest assured that once I get it will certainly see lots of time at the range & be shot regularly.:D

·
Registered
903 Posts
Trophy

Not to horn in but the beveled cut you see was a std item on those bbls, not porting. Function? I think it may have been for a set of bbl wgts.

Very nice looking piece for sure. My first was the Military SupermaticTrophy Citation iirc, or some combination thereofe. Seems it just had an awful lot of names for one gun but it sure was dependable. Shot a lot of BE with it w/o any alibis.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Not to horn in but the beveled cut you see was a std item on those bbls, not porting. Function? I think it may have been for a set of bbl wgts.
Those cuts are for the muzzle brake or stabilizer. There is a small Allen screw that screws into those cuts from the brake to hold it on... the threaded holes in the bottom of the barrel are for weights.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
look at the mod 102 with a 6.75 in barrel. It is ported, back in the mid 50's.
I thought the last factory ported barrels were on the 101 series and starting with the 102 "space gun" barrels, the muzzle brake or stabilizer took it's place, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.