Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a BSA 12/15 Target from Cape Outfitters.Now I just have to wait for my local gunshop to take delivery.I looked at the MKIIs,and I might get one in the future,but the 12/15 just looked right.It should be just the ticket for the offhand matches I shoot on Sundays.I shoot a scoped 10/22 now,but I want to switch to iron sights for a change.I'll let you know how it shoots. I bet I'm the only one there with a Martini.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congratulations JBG

Good luck with this fine rifle. I have never actually owned one, but the club I shot with as a schoolboy had a selection of them, one of which was virtually "mine" for the duration of my membership.

They are a nice rifle with great character and even as I grew to be older I always had a soft spot for these rifles, in the UK they succumbed to the developments of rifles such as Anschutz and Walther but even upto a few years ago one friend had a 12/15 that we would shoot at distances of upto 200 yards - that's virtually off the thread on the back sight but on a day with no wind you could have a lot of fun.

Let us know how you get on.

English

:t :t

·
Registered
961 Posts
Love Mine

Got 3, & they are very accurate. The actions are as slick as plate glass - even the old Greener which is 101yrs old and still shooting small critters and pests.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.