Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sports fans, I went to a local gun shop and found a 5.5" slabside Lipsey's and it was calling my name BIG TIME. Anyway, I asked to see it. Pulled the bolt to the rear, inspected the bore, and checked the trigger pull (which was outstanding for a Ruger) and without hesitation the next three words out of my mouth were, "I'll take it". In fact, it was the best trigger I have ever felt on any Ruger. I have personally owned 6 mark II's in various configurations and have shot or tested at least a dozen others.
The rosewood grips on my example are beautiful with nice even grain and the wood looks like walnut rather than rosewood. It is already drilled and tapped which is a bonus as I plan to add a Holo Sight in the near future. Anyway, I will be spending some quality time with it tomorrow to see if it shoots as good as it looks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I held one at a gun show - it was also calling out my name , if not for the fact I already own a MKII and the fact I was unemployed at the time - it would have gone home with me - VERY NICE gun you have!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got mine a few weeks ago. I love this gun! I have another MKII with the 6 7/8 in tapered barrel. The 512GCL points and shoots great. Only complaint is someone at Ruger cranked down the 1st screw into the upper so deep that its almost impossible to get out. :( Calling FFL tomorrow may have to get it shipped to Ruger to have them fix their little mistake. I wouldnt even care if I wasnt going to mount something on this one!

Rugers....they seem to be taking over my safe!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.