Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 2022 CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 Yard Online Benchrest Match

Looks like June will be a hot one. Hope everyone's shooting is as hot as the weather is going to be. Maybe it won't be quite as windy.

Guidelines:

CZ or BRNO scoped sporters - less than or equal to 9.0 lbs when weighed with the magazine removed. The CZ 452, 453, 455, and 457 Varmint models should qualify unless your glass and rings are more than 2 pounds, but as far as BRNO Models 3 and 4 -- sorry guys, you'll have to step up to the 50 yard distance.

Any safe trigger. Maximum magnification of 9x on the scope. (Those with variable scopes set them to 9x or lower).

No aftermarket barrels or stocks - only CZ's original stocks and barrels. It is also prohibited to swap the stocks of different CZ models such as taking the stock from a Varmint and putting it on a Trainer. If one has damaged his/her original CZ stock, they may order the same exact factory replacement stock for their specific model. There are other BR games on RFC for dramatically altered rifles. We are trying to encourage competition with unmodified or minimally modified scoped CZ sporters. As to custom stock bedding performed on a factory stock, no compound-bedding allowed, pillared or non, and plain pillar bedding is prohibited as well.

Target is the USBR Target (The Green Monster)

22 long rifle

Fired from a benchrest using separate front and rear support and a bi-pod is fine if the shooter prefers. Gun vices and one piece rests are not allowed.

Distance to target is 25 yards

Time limit - 1 hour for unlimited sighters and the 25 rounds for score

You can shoot on an indoor range if it is your only option, but please report that fact in your post.

You can post multiple targets if each is fired with a different CZ. For example, a shooter could post one with his/her CZ Varmint and another with his/her CZ American and a third with a scoped Ultra Lux! You may shoot up to FOUR targets with EACH rifle and post the highest score fired with each one. Post up any target you shoot if you choose so we can all praise you for your perseverance and improvements. Just don't forget to go back and mark only your best as "Official Entry" before the end of the month.

Post a pic of your target (required) and the equipment you used (recommended) in this thread by June 30 ,2022.

Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch.

Wind flags are fine. I usually tie a piece of bright streamer or the like to a hammered-in stake.

Use this format to post your score(s)

Official Entry
06-04-2022
249-0X
Deadeye Richard (Dick)
CZ 457 MTR Varmint, Leupold [email protected]
Caldwell Rock front, Protektor rear
90*F, 0 mph, sunshiney day

How to score:

A scoring board is helpful

TARGETS?

Good question!

Shooting Targets - American Target Company

(third row down on the right)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those 8s have been killing me lately as well. Just have no excuse for them.......... they just appear. Your target would be excellent for me to have shot before going to work. I would have probably had trouble getting the ammunition in the right place.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Better Ammo
Better Conditions
Target backer
Stable front platform
Better score... View attachment 308297 View attachment 308298

Stephen Bachiler
247 5x
CZ 457 Varmint
RWS Target Rifle
SinClair front/Protecktor Rear
Sunny 65° - No Wind
Wish mine would shoot that ammo like yours does. Mine looks like a grouse load in the woods. I am going to try it again as I had much better luck with it in another gun.....

Reactions: StephenBachiler

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm thankful I didn't have any 7's or 8's this go around. I also switched ammo so I hope that helped a little bit. Kudo's to Lee for putting up with us.

Bill
6/9/22
242 5X
BCR1 (Bill)
CZ455 FS Sightron STAC 4-20x50 @9
SK Pistol Match Special
Greenlaw/Caldwell front, Protektor rear
75* sunny, no wind
Blue Green Font Line Rectangle
Table Wood Outdoor furniture Food Plant

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's still pretty good shooting . I dare say, a lot of the posters on this forum can't keep up with you on the GM.

And on a different subject, I do appreciate all the kudos from you guys. It's really not necesary because I know how you all feel. As long as I am able I'll keep this thing going as long as folks want to shoot and hope that Danny comes back one day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well Pilgrim, I have shot, I think going on my 3rd year. Topping out with with a few 247 s. And last year with one 249. We all dream of the coveted " two fifty ". I have a mentor that has guided and pulled me thru to that score. for which I say "Thank ya Lee ".

This has taken a lot of time and help but here is the target............. finally.

Official Entry
06-07-22
250-6x
452 American, Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40 AO
SK-STD+
Caldwell Rock front, Protektor rear
Partly cloudy, 5-8 mph wind

Green Rectangle Font Circle Symmetry
Green Rectangle Font Circle Symmetry

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well, I finally got the “Coveted 250” as you say. Fitting that it was with the CZ 453 with the sweetest set trigger ever. I’ve ordered the Yodave spring for my MTR and vowed not to shoot it until it’s installed and tuned. If it’s half as good as the 453 set trigger I’ll be happy. My scores have improved the last two years and this year. I’ve been bumping 245, 246, 247, 248 and 249. It hasn’t been all upside. There’s been some backsliding and going back to basics as well as experimenting a bit. I’m using the “lazy Susan” this year and though I can’t specifically say that it has helped, I don’t think it has hurt. The Eley Tenex is the choice of this rifle, as for the MTR, not so much..

official entry

Hicksville Kid (Mike)
11 June 2022
250-7X
CZ 453 Varmint
Eley Tenex
Vortex 6-18X @ 9X
Caldwell Rock Br Protektor front and rear
78°,wind calm, overcast

Font Circle Symmetry Pattern Electric blue
Font Circle Symmetry Pattern Electric blue

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations Mike. That's what I have been wanting to see. A 250 that really didn't need a plug. Your progress has been noticed and noticable. Although I seem to be going in the opposite direction you are now my hero.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks, guys. But I have to say that you guys are all capable of a 250. I’ve seen most of of your scores posted here and all are just a step away. Come on, you can’t let some 80 year old fart get the best of you. When I started here I looked up at all of you. So get with it. You have over a half month left in Jun.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Congrats on your 250, Mike. The rest of us are right behind you. Whether we will catch up is another issue.

Temps were in the low-80's with a little breeze blowing toward the targets at Wilson Shoals. I tried several brands of ammo: Eley Club, Eley Contact, CCI SV, SK St +, and RWS Rifle Match. The latter two were the most consistent. Only shot the 457 At One. Same score with ST+ and RWS RM. I still think I am the most significant variable so will continue to work on my technique. Thanks for the encouragement.
Not official (hoping for better)
Charlie44GS (Charlie)
June 10
CZ 457 At One
Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x40 @ 9
Rectangle Font Aqua Symmetry Circle
Rectangle Font Aqua Symmetry Circle

Colorfulness Font Aqua Rectangle Circle
Colorfulness Font Aqua Rectangle Circle

1 - 20 of 48 Posts