Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy All,
Well it took me a bit, but I finally have the results for the July 5X5 Aggregate Group Match and the lucky winner of the MattK Pokect Knife.
It sure was quite a month for the group shot. A total of 21 folks sent in targets. From these names I used random numbers (numbers that are selected by a function so that the chance of any every number within the range has an equal chance of getting selected. Each person got a number and the one that by chance got the highest number got the knife.
AND THE WINNER IS………………………………………..
Wade Martin
:1p
Wade, please let me know if the return address on your target envelope is the one I should send the knife to.

Now for the Match Results:
As always, check these for mistakes or omissions on my part.
At 25 yards there were 13 targets sent in. Dave Lahti took the smallest agg here (0.145"). Check out the next three aggregates. Stan, Jordan, and Joe are in a dead heat!!!!! Heck Jordan and his CZ452/CCI Blazer combo gave those custom and tricked out rigs a run for their money, left quite a few in the dust as well.
Bud Feindt got the who can strain Jim's eyes with a super tiny group award. His 0.069" group was the smallest. Mr. Conry was by far the most consistent shooter, check out that extreme spread of only 0.028"!!!!!!!!

At the 50 yard range there were 12 targets. Marty Conry proves yet again that a busted up Ol' Winchester 52B can do pretty darn well in the hands of a shooter. His 50 yard aggregate was 0.168". If you put that in terms of MOA (at 50 yards that = 0.5"), he shot about a 0.34 MOA group!!!! It looks like Ben B has got a good combo with his Rem 40X and magic lot of ammo. Paul Kantitz is an Eagle River shooter that is slowly getting drawn into the web of Rimfire Benchrest.
Marty also shot the overall smallest group (0.097"). After correcting my mistaken inclusion of Mr Pollard in the July match, the nod for the most consistent (as indexed by the smallest extreme spread) goes to both Marty and BudF!!!!

Great Shooting Everyone :yippee:
I hope everyone had fun with this. If folks are up to it lets plan on doing this again before it gets too cold this fall, say in October or November.
Take Care, Have Fun, and Be Safe
Jim

·
Registered
936 Posts
Gee, looks like Bernie was the only other 10/22 shooter at 50 yds. Where are all the "race gun" 10/22 shooters out there? Hmmmm?

Dennis :coolgleam

PS NICE shooting Marty, congrats Wade, thanks Jim! :t

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Cogradulations to Marty and Dave for great shooting. Bucks, strange no 10-22s at 25 eather. I had planed on shooting more than just the single 5X5 at 50 and at least a couple at 25 yards but with my sons and I shooting the regular matches I never got around to it. Had a few flyers in the target but sent it in anyway. :) Jim and Matt, Good job!! :t PS. Bucks, not a bad score with a 12 power scope. Bernie...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Jim
I didn't send in any groups for the July group match. The groups , you posted were from the April match. please remove my name and groups as they were not shot in this months match.
thanks
Jim Pollard :D

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Jim (pollard) i was just thinking about that a second ago. Because i remember for April you had .261 as an average as well. I was thinking, wow, Jim is really consistant with his shooting, or was that a mistake, or did he photo copy his targets and shoot holes in the same places :D.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WooHoo!!!!!

:D :p

Yeah! Thanks to Jim for doing all the work (yes the return address is correct) and to MattK for putting up the prize. Sort of makes up for the fliers the ruined some of the groups.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Screwed UP!!!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals,
Man did I make a goof :hide:
The groups I posted for Jim Pollard (AKA greybeard) were from his April target!!!!! He didn't send one in for July.
I'm going to have to have words with the person responsible for this :1t
Hmm............ guess it will be a one sided conversation :rolleyes:
I have made the corrections in the results post above.
Jim

·
Registered
936 Posts
autoloader said:
PS. Bucks, not a bad score with a 12 power scope. Bernie...
Thanks Bernie! Yes, something like a T-36 would definately help! Sometimes I wonder about that Bushnell as it sometimes seems to be reluctant to return to zero when I adjust for different ranges even though I keep careful count with the "clicks"....

Dennis

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Howdy Dennis,
I too am impressed with good groups shot with scopes in the 12X range. Heck Marty Conry kicks butt with his 14X Unertl!!!!!
I would be willing to bet that a 36X would make em even better. I agree that the Weaver and Sightrons are sure good value for the money and ten some.
Jim

·
Registered
669 Posts
Great Job Jim

Jim

Please let me echo the thanks for all of the work you put into measuring these groups, programming how to report them etc. but also for the support and confidence building you do to new guys who get into the matches. You were especially helpful when I first confronted the USBR and I see you doing it to others. Great job Jim. :t

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Marty
Congrats on winning both the 50 yard unlimited on line and the 5 x 5 groups. Looks to me like you are ready to go to a match ( 5050 or ARA or RBA) and see how you can shoot with these people at their ranges. My first 5050 match was an eye opener, these people shot good, often in not so good conditions. I had been cherry picking the conditions to shoot the USBR on line up until I went to the first match. Give it a try and let us know what ya think.
As we said as kids " I double dog dare you" LOL
Jim :D :) :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Feels Good Right Here

:t Jim

Thanks for the congrats. Am sure if I strayed too far afield i'd be the little fish in the big pond and if that be my goal i'd do it in the meantime i'm having lots of fun shooting with the locals and helping the Pennsylvania team stay on top where it feels real good.

Marty

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.