Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I use the Jackson Hunter, same design but with a synthetic stock rather than wood. I have been very satisfied with it, I previously used 1700 series Anschutz sporters and while the cheekpiece on the Cooper and Anschutz are very similar there is a difference in the Cooper pistol grip. The Cooper pistol grip is more open than the Anschutz and it just seem to fit me better.

I have adjusted the trigger to 2lb, 2oz and it is very consistent, the accuracy exceeds any of the Anschutz sporters I have owned, I am much more satisfied with the overall feel of it than I ever was with the feel of the Anschutz.

I have been shooting it for a little over a year now and so far my best score has been 37/40, which is about as good as I can shoot.
I am highly pleased with mine, everyone who has tried it comments on the fit and accuracy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks drover, I too have an Annie 1710 and while the accuracy is not an issue that "closed" pistol grip just does'nt feel right to me. Have tried my friends Cooper 57 Classis and it feels much better. I am just new to the whole silhouette thing....but I do know that 37/40 is pretty darn good:bthumb: Thanks for the input, I think I'm going to sell/trade my annie and get the Cooper.

PennDog

·
Registered
734 Posts
The way the dollar exchange is now there is a good chance that you can sell the Anschutz for enough to cover the cost of the Cooper,

I am happy with mine and I certainly have no intention of going back to the Anschutz. I truly believe that as time passes and people begin to find out just how well they feel and shoot there will be more Coopers on the line.

Take a look on Gunsamerica.com, there area usually some reasonably priced JSR's listed there.

Drover

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drover:

Actually ordered a JSR from Whittakers for less than any price that I have seen on GB (current or in the recent past)......and since I'm kindof a gun "loonie", I will probably hang on to my Annie. What scope do you use....am thinking of the Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20X EFR, with a target dot. Currently have a Weaver V-16 and like it a bunch, but not sure how the turrents will hold up to repeated adjustment?

PennDog

·
Registered
734 Posts
I am running a 6.5 x 20 Leupold with the target dot on my Cooper JHR, I use the same scope setup on my highpower also. The majority of the shooters use the target dot, it is just a little easier to focus on the dot rather than a crosshair. at least for me.

I use Warne weaver style bases on mine, using the Weaver style base gives more options for scope mounting heights rather than using the Leupold or Talley bases that are standard on the Coopers. I prefer a heads-up type of position, if a lower head position works for you then you can probably get by with one of the standard bases that come with the rifle.

Good shooting, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

drover

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am working on an M57 LVT prototype that will weigh 7 1/2 lbs with a 6 power scope for shooting in RBA and IR50/50 Sporter competition.
Do you think there would be any interest in this setup for NRA?
It would easily make weight even with a 36 power scope and tuner if they are allowed?
Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.