Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it, got the heavy fluted barrel and thumbhole stock.
Spent Monday morning sighting in and seeing what ammo it likes to eat. So far I get the best groups with Aguila 40 gr. standard velocity.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Awesome! It's great to finally see some custom 597's floating around. Jarvis has good products, are you happy with their barrels? I see they started making 10/22 barrels too. I e-mailed them and put the idea out that they might want to consider being a sponsor here, but I never heard back from them.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gander ... I couldnt be happier with the barrel, I just have to get used to the weight.
I only had one problem, the diameter of the barrel, where the clamp touches, was about 2 one thousands of an inch larger than the stock barrel so the screw holes did not line up. I had to grind the curved part of the clamp a bit 'til the holes lined up ... took about 10 minutes, no big deal.
Once the rain stops I'll get back out to test more ammo.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet looking rig!Let us know how it shoots.Curious about the accuracy of the Jarvis barrel.
M.C.:)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it'll be a joy to own & shoot.
Thanks ... If it ever stops raining here in NJ I'll be able to use it some more ... so far I'm VERY happy with it.

(If it doesn't stop raining I'm gonig to start building an ark ... without all the animals)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.