Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan. 2022 Rimfire Benchrest Factory/Unlimited

Good day all. Please post all scores below this post in a separate post. This post is the Score Card for the 25 & 50 yd Factory/Unlimited Benchrest Match @ RFC. The rules for these matches can be found at the sticky here https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1228763. The target can be downloaded there also. Please check your target after printing to ensure the outside scoring ring measures 1" exactly. If you cannot get the target to download please email me thought PM and I will send you a PDF of the target.

New target link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLRw59F9cn05KwB557fPpjvsQx8r1Zmd/view?usp=sharing

Dec. 2021

25 Yd Factory:
Pipes1, CZ 457 Varmint Precision Chassis, SK Rifle Match, 2300

50 Yd Factory

25 Yd Unlimited

50 Yd Unlimited:
PJ / John, CZ457 At-One/Lilja Barrel, Eley Match, 2025 " new high for me"
Martinigallery, Custom Remington 40X/Shilen barrel/Jewel Trigger, Fiocchi SM340, 1775
Sg1911, Ruger 1022, Eley team, 2000

Please watch your reporting formatting, if formatted as I requested it reduces my work and mistakes.
Please state: factory or unlimited. And yardage. Everyone check that I recorded everything correctly.

Happy shooting .
chuck40219

·
Registered
118 Posts
50 Yard, Unlimited

Randy, martinigallery

Custom Remington 40X (Shilen barrel, Jewel Trigger, Weaver XR46, Harrell's Tuner), Fiocchi SM340, 1710

PQP Precision Lite one piece rest

51F, 2-10MPH, Sunny

Excuse: No 25 yard firing point at private range, poor wind judging skill

·
Registered
555 Posts
Close but not today

Haven't shot much this month but did shoot a few targets,, managed to tie my best but not beat it,,, consistency right,,,lol

Unlimited at 50 / 2025
PJ /John
CZ 457, Lilja barrel,
Vortex , Golden Eagle 15-65x52, shot at 45
Eley Match
Caldwell front rest with Protektor bags on both
Nice day wind switching to 5 mph..:gun4::bthumb:
:Blasting_

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Haven't shot much this month but did shoot a few targets,, managed to tie my best but not beat it,,, consistency right,,,lol

Unlimited at 50 / 2025
PJ /John
CZ 457, Lilja barrel,
Vortex , Golden Eagle 15-65x52, shot at 45
Eley Match
Caldwell front rest with Protektor bags on both
Nice day wind switching to 5 mph..:gun4::bthumb:
:Blasting_
PJ--Nice Target! Did you shoot that with the RWS Rifle Match (pictured), or Eley Match as stated in your "particulars"? Either way, very good shooting. I also noted what appears to be a home-crafted cheekpiece on your At One. Nice job on that as well. It's just been too cold for any shooting (for me, anyway;)) in these parts (NE Ohio) but still enjoy admiring others targets/handiwork.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just realized I need to switch to Unlimited since I installed a Timney trigger.

Unlimited 25 yd.
Pipes1, Robert
CZ 457 Varmint Precision Chassis, SK Rifle Match, 2300
SEB Mini
Sightron SV 10-50x60
Mild 3-5mph wind
Excuses: Still trying to connect brain to trigger finger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Currently preparing a CZ 457 for ARA factory compttiton.
1,362 Posts
Robert,

Check the rule book.

8.4.1.4.1. Trigger mechanism may be modified or replaced completely but must always function safely.

Copied this from ARA rule book section 8.

·
Registered
555 Posts
PJ--Nice Target! Did you shoot that with the RWS Rifle Match (pictured), or Eley Match as stated in your "particulars"? Either way, very good shooting. I also noted what appears to be a home-crafted cheekpiece on your At One. Nice job on that as well. It's just been too cold for any shooting (for me, anyway;)) in these parts (NE Ohio) but still enjoy admiring others targets/handiwork.
It was indeed Eley Match,, the pic of the gun was from the Fun shoot this month on here from another day.. :bthumb::bthumb: I know I always like to see what everyone's shooting so I added the pic..
and Thank you Sir,,
John

·
Registered
335 Posts
Robert,

Check the rule book.

8.4.1.4.1. Trigger mechanism may be modified or replaced completely but must always function safely.

Copied this from ARA rule book section 8.
Thanks Bill and I do shoot factory ARA but the rules for this RFC match are a little different and pulled the following from the "Sticky" of this match.

Factory Benchrest Rules

#1 Everyone starts out at 25 yds. then moves up to 50 yds. once they shoot a 2500 target at 25 yds.

#2 Any factory gun

#3 Factory barrel (no barrel set backs but recrown is OK )

#4 Factory stock (no weight added to stock and no glass or pillar bedding)

#5 Factory trigger (spring change and smoothing trigger up is OK)

#6 Any type of action

#7 Any 22LR ammo that is factory loaded

#8 Any type of sights

#9 No one piece rest, Bipod OK

#10 No tuner

All just for fun so I really don't mind being in a different class but just hadn't checked the rules in a while. (I was shooting the stock trigger when I originally got into this match but recently changed it out.)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just realized I need to switch to Unlimited since I installed a Timney trigger.

Unlimited 25 yd.
Pipes1, Robert
CZ 457 Varmint Precision Chassis, SK Rifle Match, 2300
SEB Mini
Sightron SV 10-50x60
Mild 3-5mph wind
Excuses: Still trying to connect brain to trigger finger.

Robert not to change the subject too much. But was the Timney worth it over a spring change on your CZ,,, I'm still shooting the light spring from McMaster Carr, really like it so can't decide if I want to spend to change it out..:gun4:,,oh did you get curved or straight??
Thanks
:bthumb:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Robert not to change the subject too much. But was the Timney worth it over a spring change on your CZ,,, I'm still shooting the light spring from McMaster Carr, really like it so can't decide if I want to spend to change it out..:gun4:,,oh did you get curved or straight??
Thanks
:bthumb:
For me it was well worth the change as I was unable to get my original trigger below 1.5 pounds, with a YoDave spring, and it wasn't all that smooth. I have shot friends 457s and their factory trigger was much better than my original so probably just got one that was on the rough side. My Timney will safely go below 4oz but my comfort zone is between 7 and 8. (A touch of arthritis makes it difficult for a smooth pull and at under 4oz I was tending to jerk before even touching the trigger, at least a couple times per card in ARA.) Timney is local so I went to their facility as soon as they released the initial batch. Only the curved was available but I was able to talk to the designer and strongly recommended they offer a straight as well as two stage. They were great to deal with and looked forward to input from shooters so I am hoping to see a flat two stage that could push me over the edge for another purchase. (They did come out with the straight a few months after my visit so there is still hope for the two stage.)

·
Registered
555 Posts
For me it was well worth the change as I was unable to get my original trigger below 1.5 pounds, with a YoDave spring, and it wasn't all that smooth. I have shot friends 457s and their factory trigger was much better than my original so probably just got one that was on the rough side. My Timney will safely go below 4oz but my comfort zone is between 7 and 8. (A touch of arthritis makes it difficult for a smooth pull and at under 4oz I was tending to jerk before even touching the trigger, at least a couple times per card in ARA.) Timney is local so I went to their facility as soon as they released the initial batch. Only the curved was available but I was able to talk to the designer and strongly recommended they offer a straight as well as two stage. They were great to deal with and looked forward to input from shooters so I am hoping to see a flat two stage that could push me over the edge for another purchase. (They did come out with the straight a few months after my visit so there is still hope for the two stage.)
Thanks,,
Mines really consistent at 8 Oz,, I can't decide,,, I might have to try one one of these days,, I'm always looking for a little better,,:bthumb:
John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts