Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Finished my build tonight . However having some issues. It keeps jamming. The round extracts from the barrel. however gest caught sidways comming out. It doesnt happen all the time. Mabe every few mags. Do you think it need running in or what?

I have tried

CCI mini mag
CC Standard velocity
Remington Gold
Aguila high velocity
Fedral high velocity

Its a new receiver, barrel, bolt, firing pin, extractor, barrel, bolt handle and spring

I have run about 400 rounds through it ant it jamms every couple of mags.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Jamming Issues

Interesting rifle you have there.

With a new build it's hard to say.

Give your post a day or two. I expect an experienced RFC
shooter/builder will have some suggestions for you.
I am a "lightweight" on the tinkering (building) side.

My suggestion is to reinstall the original bolt spring
and polish the spring guide rod.

(I use a Power Custom Stainless Steel (spring) guide rod
with the factory original spring and grommet in my 10/22.
It really smooths out the cycling of the bolt.)

Then thoroughly clean your new barrel's chamber.
If there is powder build up in the chamber, the spent cases
may become difficult to extract, causing the stovepipe
jams you described.

Keep after it. You will get the kinks worked out before long.

Best of luck,

Thom T

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not driving me crazy. Just run 10 boxes of ammo through it. I have changed the bolt handle / spring and have the same issue. I have took the rifle to bits and rebuilt it . Everything is aligned correctly. What is wierd is that If I use a tactical Innovations mag it doesnt jam as much and the warmer it gets the less jamms.

·
Registered
623 Posts
just want to make sure. It jams with all those different loads? If so I have no idea.

If not, which ones make it jam? I'm honestly hoping that some jam, some don't.

on the magazine - Tac. sol jams less than OE? or another aftermarket?

heat, warmer the mag gets? warmer the weather outside? looking for clarification, hoping it'll spark some thoughts in the members here w/ more knowledge than I.

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
It's problem is it's UGLY..:D :bthumb: Just goshin'.. don't get your undies snugged up.
Really do try the Power Custom guide rod and the Tubbs SSS Speedlock Spring..bets are the problem goes away. Or a Skeeters (RT) Bolt handle which comes with a great spring and rod! Factory spring and guide rod is junk..Ya they can/will work but usually not well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem Solved. It was the Superior Concepts bolt handle and spring. The spring as a little too powerful shutting the bolt too quick. I left it cocked for a couple of days. That seemed to take a little of the ooomph out of the spring. Did 450 rounds last night (3 diffrent types of ammo and 5 diffrent makes of Mag) no Jamms :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Problem Solved. It was the Superior Concepts bolt handle and spring. The spring as a little too powerful shutting the bolt too quick. I left it cocked for a couple of days. That seemed to take a little of the ooomph out of the spring. Did 450 rounds last night (3 diffrent types of ammo and 5 diffrent makes of Mag) no Jamms :D
hurrah. glad to hear its working!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.