Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is directed to those firing .22mag and the two new .17 calibers, as well as the centerfire folks:
How many rounds do you fire between bore cleaning? Does a fouled bore develope higher pressure than one not fouled? How many rounds to get to this point?
These questions arise out of the multitude of posts concerning the new .17 calibers and safety in autoloading conversions. I'm wondering if fouling could effect how soon the action cycles?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
To answer about cleaning, I only clean when accuracy falls off, no need to until then. I may wipe the bolt off wipe down the barrel with a silicon impregnated clothe but nothing thru the barrel, also clean the magazines when needed.

I have not seen a dirty barrel cause any problems other than loss of accuracy.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I learned my lesson about cleaning: don't do it until accuracy goes down. Everytime I clean a rimfire barrel, I waste lots of time just shooting ammo through it to get it back up to par.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.