Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who makes the Scopes J&G's has on sale? They have an 6x24x42 AO and a 8X32X42 AO. Their web site doesn't say much at all about them only made by a Famous Maker. Are they any good?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Misrepresentation 101

The name of the scope Mfg IS Famous Maker . They are using a cheap ploy to infer one thing all the while giving you literally what they say they will, a product made by a company called FAMOUS MAKER. Probably some 3d rate POS. Any product that has to resort to that type of marketing has to be junk.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Misrepresentation 101

md10/22 said:
The name of the scope Mfg IS Famous Maker . They are using a cheap ploy to infer one thing all the while giving you literally what they say they will, a product made by a company called FAMOUS MAKER. Probably some 3d rate POS. Any product that has to resort to that type of marketing has to be junk.
I think you're more than a little out of line with your comment about J&G Sales. J&G Sales is a reputable business. I have dealt with them for years, both as an FFL dealer, over-the-counter and as a private person. They never tried anything shady or underhanded, ever.

What J&G Sales is saying, is these scopes are made by a famous maker, but because of their commitments they cannot reveal the name in their advertising. This is done all of the time in business advertising.

J&G Sales is a reputable sales firm. Maybe you should take a little more time to think, before you engage your fingers to the keyboard. Have you ever dealt with J&G Sales?

While you're a Newby -- try being a little more low profile.

Bill :cool:

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Famous Maker

NEW SCOPES

3-9x40, 2.5-10x42, 6-24x42 and 8-32x42 black matte riflescopes, solid construction by Famous Maker, many with mil-dot reticles and adjustable objectives - priced from as low as $39.95 to $78.50 [J&G]
Interesting that it doesn't say: "..., solid construction by a famous maker."
FM 8-32x42 riflescope with mil-dot reticle. Made by Famous Maker, black matte finish, adjustable objective.[J&G]
Interesting that it doesn't say: "Made by a famous maker."
FM 3-9x40 riflescope with mil-dot reticle. Made by Famous Maker, black matte finish. $39.95 [J&G]
FM 8-32x42 riflescope with mil-dot reticle. Made by Famous Maker, black matte finish, adjustable objective. $78.50 [J&G]
FM 2.5-10x42 riflescope with mil-dot reticle. Made by Famous Maker, black matte finish, adjustable objective. $49.95 [J&G]
FM 6-24x42 riflescope with mil-dot reticle. Made by Famous Maker, black matte finish, adjustable objective. $68.50[J&G]
IMHO, the manufacturer/brand is Famous Maker......! ! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Heliflyer,
Chill bro, Whats with the newbie slam??? I've been around here three months longer than you, challenged by math?

I stand by my statement in its entirety. I have purchased many items from J&G and will again , I was not necessarily slaming them. I do however think that the manufacturer is pulling a fast one by using that name. I have seen these scopes listed elsewhere , I think CDNN offers them as well. I have seen the scopes illustrated either on line or in print and written on the side is FAMOUS MAKER in white script lettering.
I think you owe me an apology!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Famous Maker

BigMike is correct. The brand name of the scopes are Famous Maker . I have seen many of the red dot sights for sale and they have Famous Maker printed on the tube bodies. They look very similar to the Tasco and BSA red dots, probably all made the same way in the same place for several different companies to meet a price point. ohioruger

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've seen the "FM" brand of red dot scopes and will be picking one up for the laughable (really, if it works then whatta hoot) price tag of 24.95. Gonna pick one up this summer and put it on my model 70 savage pump 30-30 just to see how long it will last.

Perferator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.