Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read here a bit ago about keeping your 1022 accurate an one of the things that was mentioned was the take down screw being loose would cause ya trouble.... now i might be simple but WHY??

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
the action and barrel will wobble when fired if screw is loose. the recoil will literally move everything to one side or the other in the channel and you wont hit what youre aiming at. if im wrong then im a simplER man than you :)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You want your stock & action to "move as one". This is the reason many benchrest shooters bed their action.

With the 10/22, the action screw pulls the action into the stock so it fits snugly. Without the snug fit, you will have an unstable action and poor rifle performance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Assuming no "problems" with the gun, IMO repeatablility is the key to consistent accuracy. The same grip, stance, cheek press, sight picture, trigger squeeze, bench position, breathing, ammo consistency, wind (no gusts), etc. Loose screws don't help!!:D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree loose screws can't help anything but i guess i'm the kinda guy that likes to know the reason things happen sometimes........WOW FAN!!that's alot of stuff to think about before ya pull the trigger...............

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.