Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bulk box of winchester xpert's for my son and I to shoot,I haven't bought these in a long time.As we were shooting tonight,We found quite a few still primed shells that had never been loaded,at first I thought that maybe some ejected shells flew into the box,but upon inspection I noticed that there were no fireing pin marks,and they were still primed.

Neil

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've found the same in my box of wins before. I think it was close to 30 primed casings in a brick.:mad: Never really thought much about it, bit if other people experience the same from them I guess I can be happy my 10/22 doesn't eat the wins too well. :eek:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems funny that in all of the other kinds of ammo,and I have bought alot in about 20 years,that those could get through,I have never experienced that before,duds I understand,they can't see that,but without a bullet:eek: :D ,quality is job one!lol.

Neil

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought a bulk box of winchester xpert's for my son and I to shoot,I haven't bought these in a long time.As we were shooting tonight,We found quite a few still primed shells that had never been loaded,at first I thought that maybe some ejected shells flew into the box,but upon inspection I noticed that there were no fireing pin marks,and they were still primed.

Neil
I bought two bricks in March from Wally World....I am almost thru the first one and all had bullets in the casings. Makes you wonder who was working the line that day....geesh. Ok, its rimfire bulk, we expect the FTFs, the squibs, etc, but for them to go out without lead in them is inexcusable.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I gotta tell you, I have a couple of guns that love two of their loads. One loves X-Pert 22 at 50 yards. The other loves the Super X 40 RN at 100....I dont compete so wading thru some FTF's doesnt bother me. Slowly but surely it seems like I am making way thru every .22 cartridge being manufactured, or at least it seems that way. :p

·
Registered
476 Posts
*raises hand*

I am looking at one right now...

I am actually considering firing it indoors just to see how loud it is. I probably won't though. Maybe I can use it to build a tiny .22 shot shell.

·
Registered
382 Posts
*raises hand*

I am looking at one right now...

I am actually considering firing it indoors just to see how loud it is. I probably won't though. Maybe I can use it to build a tiny .22 shot shell.
See, now you got me wondering...I have a box of X-Pert I havent opened yet, I guess I am gonna have to open it and look and see if I have any empties too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
BTW guys, my box had the spare bullet in it too. I forgot to mention that part. So the bullet was not crimped on and fell out. I am guessing the powder went inside the box too, but i don't recall seeing it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well winchester does not list am email adress,but I did find a phone number,and I called them,they want the empty cases which I do not have I discharged the primers in my old ithaca singleshot,so that they could safely be disposed of,they asked for my adress then told me that they have never had this issue before and that there was nothing that they could do about it,I wonder why they wanted my adress then?

Neil

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update!!!

winchester asked for my adress then told me there was nothing that they could do,,,well today when I got the mail there was an envelope from winchester,and inside there was a gift cartificate for a free box of xperts!

I am very happy,they do have good customer service!

Neil

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.