Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Is there any way to remove the front sight completely from a Special?

845 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rain164845 
#1 ·
I don't like the look of the front sight hood on my special and because I use a scope I was wondering if it was possible to remove it somehow? Thanks in advance,
Joe

#2 ·
Hi, And the rest of the sight comes off with a HACKSAW ! LOL LOL The front iron sights I believe are press fitted onto the barrel . So you need to shorten and recrown the barrel , best to have done by a gunsmith. Or buy a CZ American ( I went threw the same thing with My Special) which has no iron sights ....WVleo

#4 ·
hacksaw. blowtorch. ar-15. sledge hammer. dynamite. wench. garbage disposal. vise-grips. grinder. file. lawn mower. chain saw. Axe. machete. anything made by caterpillar. etc. Note, some devices work better and are more suitable to the task than others. :D

#6 ·
Joe, I had my gunsmith buddy cut my Special barrel back and recrown, and it shoot even better now than it did before. It's now 17" long, but if you want a longer barrel, you can come back just behind the front sight and end up with a barrel of a little over 22". Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.