Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at this so a have a lot of questionable questions. I find myself looking at every .22 rifle I see. If it's a Sears, Higgins, Western etc. I try to crossreference to determine original maker.
One I looked at today is a .22 semi-auto rifle marked Ted Williams Model 37 Sears Roebuck Inc. When I crossreferenced I came up with Mossburg Model 30. Is this correct?
I assume if it is correct, and since I don't see any posts about Model 30's then it must not be worth buying for $75.00, Correct?

Thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Jim -

The Mossberg Model 30 was mfg'd from 1933-35 so the Sears rifle should have been made about the same time period. Gun Traders Guide says it was single shot, peep rear sight, bead front with hood, plain pistol grip stock with finger grooves on forearm. The Sears rifle may or may not have had all these features. Book says value runs from $68 (good) to $125 (NiB) for the Mossberg. Value for "house" brands probably lower:rolleyes: . Regards,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.