Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
"When I go out to try a new rifle, I keep finding that mini-mags always function, always shoot well, and don't break the bank. I know each rifle has its preferred ammo, but I've never seen one that flat out hated MMs."
I'm in complete agreement with you. I buy some cheaper stuff (Winchester Wildcats and Remington Thunderbolts) for plinking at tin cans, but CCI MiniMags are still my favorites. Rifle, revolver, or semi-auto. I've had great luck with all CCI ammo, Stingers and Velocitors included. They're not cheap, and as you can guess, I only like high-velocity rounds. Some might like sub-sonic rounds, but I have no interest in them.

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I like a few subs, but the problem is they don't function as well in semis. If we were to remove semi-autos out of the equation, I think MMs might be less appealing as an all around er... round.

When all I shot was a bolt action, my ammo choices were much less constrained.

· Registered
2,327 Posts
While this subject is up for discussion......hope this doesn't stretch it too far...

I was wondering about the Eley HV 37,40 gn versions

and how about the Lapua Hunter or maybe its Sport, the new HV round that covered Laupa HP - speed ace - standard club?

pipestone

· Registered
3,309 Posts
how about the Lapua Hunter or maybe its Sport, the new HV round that covered Laupa HP - speed ace - standard club?
I tested the Lapua HP and Speed Ace. The HP was better for accuracy, and easily the best HP I tested for accuracy. It produced group sizes half that of the MiniMag. However, the cost is an issue at $78 a brick as I recall. I would rather use Lapua Super Club which is a bit more accurate at $40, and give up a little speed and the HP.

I was not aware Lapua was going to offer anything to replace the HP, Speed Ace, Club, and Super Club. Thought the lowest quality in the new lineup was Center-X, which I believe replaces Master M, but an increased price -- over $80?

http://www.lapua.com/index.php?id=898

Ron

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.