Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,309 Posts
I have a bolt action, so I'm not too concerned about how they operate in the gun, other than go bang and shoot straight. I would have to say that MiniMags are nearly the worst of 26 or so different loads that I tested for accuracy. In order of best to worst and excluding the more expensive target stuff as you requested these all tested better than MiniMags (I only tested the solid point version, and in my experience SP is almost always more accurate than HP).

CCI Standard Velocity
Remington Cyclone
CCI Velocitor
Federal Gold Medal 719
CCI Stinger
Win Dynapoint
Win T22
Win X22LR
CCI Blazer
Federal Champion 745

The MiniMag came next with a 50 yard group size of just over 1". And these were worse still from bad to really bad:

Win X22LRH
Rem Yellow Jacket
Rem Viper

I wouldn't buy MiniMags again no matter what they cost. Perhaps a bad batch, don't know - but they had their chance and blew it. Way too many other better alternatives at least for my gun.

Ron

· Registered
3,309 Posts
how about the Lapua Hunter or maybe its Sport, the new HV round that covered Laupa HP - speed ace - standard club?
I tested the Lapua HP and Speed Ace. The HP was better for accuracy, and easily the best HP I tested for accuracy. It produced group sizes half that of the MiniMag. However, the cost is an issue at $78 a brick as I recall. I would rather use Lapua Super Club which is a bit more accurate at $40, and give up a little speed and the HP.

I was not aware Lapua was going to offer anything to replace the HP, Speed Ace, Club, and Super Club. Thought the lowest quality in the new lineup was Center-X, which I believe replaces Master M, but an increased price -- over $80?

http://www.lapua.com/index.php?id=898

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.